Facelift W204 central display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The blue plugs on the back look different to me

Edit- so do the black ones

Interested in this if it’s cost effective, I’m not bothered about screen size I just can’t stand the yellow colour in my c63! Would love the one with grey colours

It's just a different angle. It's the same connector. You have part numbers, so... check it by yourself. :)
I will wait and see if it all fits together for you, hope it does :thumb:

Interested in this if it’s cost effective, I’m not bothered about screen size I just can’t stand the yellow colour in my c63! Would love the one with grey colours

The colours would not change, everything you see will be the same, just bigger

The light-brown colour scheme can be changed to the new grey one with a firmware update, but possibly not on very early units. Richard and Alfie will know.

The light-brown colour scheme can be changed to the new grey one with a firmware update, but possibly not on very early units. Richard and Alfie will know.

That’s interesting to know,
I’ll give it a search :)

I've been told that these models has the same type of display – ML GL SLK C GLK SL

Do you have yours fitted yet?

I’m ready to buy one, just trying to find confirmation the resolution looks ok

Well it seems this is definitely NOT plug and play as claimed earlier in this thread by someone.
I bought the screen and display and when swapped it does not work.
What an utter waste of money that was :(

Well it seems this is definitely NOT plug and play as claimed earlier in this thread by someone.
I bought the screen and display and when swapped it does not work.
What an utter waste of money that was :(
Sorry to hear that.

This was my initial thought as well:
...I did initially look into upgrading the display only, but I was led to believe that the high-resolution COMAND screen cannot be fitted to Audio 20....

But other members said they did it and it worked:
Yes, you can replace it, but beside 7inch display you need also facial panel. After that, you will have bigger display with bigger resolution and the navigation will be Becker. I've done that before and it works. It's nice upgrade. You won't regret :)

Are you sure the new screen isn't faulty?

Definitely not faulty.

For trim removal and doing stuff on this car, it’s easily the worst I’ve ever worked on. In fact I’m fed up with the ****ing thing!
Time to sell it i think

Definitely not faulty.

For trim removal and doing stuff on this car, it’s easily the worst I’ve ever worked on. In fact I’m fed up with the ****ing thing!
Time to sell it i think

Sorry to hear that but.. I was chating with someone and he said that he made it, but he didn't do this by himself. He drove his car on a Mercedes Benz and they switched it. I still think that it's possible. I also bought the unit, I'll see if it works on my car, otherway I will also drive my car on Mercedes Benz and ask them for help.

Anyway... in case that it doesn't work, now when you have the display and facial panel, you can buy command unit and the problem is solved. You don't need to sell the display. I'll defenitely install it. If it doesn't work, I'll buy used command and that's it, but I still hope that it works with Audio 20. I'll make a call to Mercedes Benz.
I don't get it, how they install aftermarket 10.25" unit and everything works fine with Audio 20.

Check this thread: W204 central display - MBWorld.org Forums

Another solution is CKM CAR DESIGN - this guy knows a lot about Mercedes Benz : http://www.ckmcardesign.com/

I don’t want comand, it doesn’t add a single thing that’s I don’t already have, apart from the bigger screen.
As for going to MB, I think I’d rather boil my head! That’s based on my experience with them so far for a very straight forward issue. Trying to explain swapping screens with them would probably make them self implode.
It was described on this thread as plug and play, no mention of going to a dealer! If it had said that I wouldn’t have even tried. £100 lost and lesson learnt

I’m determined to not have this be a waste, so did some research....

I found a huge thread on a different forum regarding upgrading Audio 20 to Comand. One item listed was a new cable to the screen, then someone started discussing using the old one, but had to swap some pins around for it.
This diagram then appeared documenting the changes. I’m hoping thst this is the solution!

Note that this was on prefacelift, as the 5” screen doesn’t have thst 4 pin plug on the facelift, but I’m guessing the screens use different pins based on the info below

310733d1275140800-retrofit-comand-my-w204-c-class-schema.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I was talking about.. maybe on mercedes benz did the same to the guy I've talked to.
You are the man!!! Thanks and please inform us if it works. Thanks again!

Hahaha! Yeah, I’ll work it all out and make it easy for everyone else!
That’s how it seems these days, everyone wants the easy option.
There was someone in the BMW world who spent ages of time and money working stuff out, then everyone else asked for the hard earned knowledge, but he kept it to himself and charged to do the work instead, I might go down that route too. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom