Facelift W204 central display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hahaha! Yeah, I’ll work it all out and make it easy for everyone else!
That’s how it seems these days, everyone wants the easy option.
There was someone in the BMW world who spent ages of time and money working stuff out, then everyone else asked for the hard earned knowledge, but he kept it to himself and charged to do the work instead, I might go down that route too. :p

But thats bmw land, you know what they are being famous for, i personally wouldnt expect much else from them

Last time I tried it did not work. I have not tried for a few years, so maybe something is different with newer software in the newer Audio-20. The plugs and video cable are the same. On NTG5*1 on the later cars you can put the bigger display on the Audio-20 if you want - I can't remember if you have to code the NTG5*1 because I did update the data card and code it for completeness.

Richard

But thats bmw land, you know what they are being famous for, i personally wouldnt expect much else from them

What are they famous for?
Personally I found the whole modifying world a lot more in-depth and knowledgeable than the MB one so far. That is probably due to people being able to code BMW’s a lot more accessibly

I will start by saying i have good friends that have bmw, but you just hear or see videos about bmw drivers being assholes on the road and i was simply impling that thats how some of them were in real life too, thats all.

Every single make of car has ****holes driving them, MB included lol

The pre-facelift W204 had either Audio20 or COMAND NTG4.

The facelift W204 had either Audio20 NTG4.5 (typically with the Becker Map Pilot pre-wiring) or COMAND NTG4.5/4.7.

Don't confuse the pre-facelift Audio20 with post-facelift Audio20 - they are different systems, and instructions given regarding the former might not be applicable to the latter.

Reading the earlier posts in the thread, I wonder if the advice regarding a 'straight swap' from Audio20 display to COMAND display was in respect of the pre-facelift model?

Sorry to hijack this thread but someone mentioned changing the colour on their screen from the yellow to the grey. Would this be possible on a W212 E63 2012 model?
I don't mind the yellow too much, but prefer the grey/red combo, so if this an option via a firmware update, I'd be very interested!

Hahaha! Yeah, I’ll work it all out and make it easy for everyone else!
That’s how it seems these days, everyone wants the easy option.
There was someone in the BMW world who spent ages of time and money working stuff out, then everyone else asked for the hard earned knowledge, but he kept it to himself and charged to do the work instead, I might go down that route too. :p

Sorry, but I'm in the same sh*t as you. I also ordered the screen and in few days it's going to be at my home. I would be appreciated if you help us out if you have any information how to install it. Thanks again!

Did someone figure out? I tried to change but don't work. I'm shure there must be an option. For the pre-facelifted W204 it worked, why wouldn't for facelifted. If someone make it, please let me know.
Many thanks.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone here has successfully done this. Not for the facelift model anyway.

My 2013 W204 came with Audio20 and I had the same idea... i.e. replace just the screen. I asked Richard and he said he tried it before and it didn't work, so I went for the full COMAND retrofit instead (and that obviously worked very well).

But my search at the time did not find any evidence that it could be done. Sorry I can't be of help.

I’m just sticking to the smaller screen now, I have no interest in comand as it doesn’t offer a single thing of benefit to me, especially now I have Apple CarPlay working on the factory screen

I’m just sticking to the smaller screen now, I have no interest in comand as it doesn’t offer a single thing of benefit to me, especially now I have Apple CarPlay working on the factory screen
Apple CarPlay in Audio20? Cool. :)

Cannot fault it

Attachments

• 41D5DD89-7727-404A-A464-9B7E6B07BDC5.jpeg
    41D5DD89-7727-404A-A464-9B7E6B07BDC5.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 30
How did you do this, if you don't mind me asking!?..

Yes please - I would like to know as well - I did look at various Apple CarPlay and Android Auto interfaces (and also MirrorLink) for my COMAND NTG4.7, but wasn't quite sure which one to go for.

Sorry to hijack this thread but someone mentioned changing the colour on their screen from the yellow to the grey. Would this be possible on a W212 E63 2012 model?
I don't mind the yellow too much, but prefer the grey/red combo, so if this an option via a firmware update, I'd be very interested!

I believe that on COMAND NTG4.5 it is possible to replace the light-brown/yellowish colour screen with the newer grey/red one via a firmware upgrade.

I am not sure if the same is possible with Audio 20.

I believe that on COMAND NTG4.5 it is possible to replace the light-brown/yellowish colour screen with the newer grey/red one via a firmware upgrade.

I am not sure if the same is possible with Audio 20.

Cheers Mark. Any idea on how this could be done? I’m guessing I won’t be able to do it myself.

Nice one cheers. It’s going in for a service next month, so will ask he dealer to give it a go. Not totally confident it will happen though!

It’s an interface, it has inputs for a gimmicky reversing camera too if you like thst sort of thing.
I’m trying it out later with a mates android phone to see if android auto is any good and has video unlocked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom