Facelift W204 central display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had it unlocked in my RS4 for years, very handy for passengers with the rear head rest monitors.

HI, Where did you get the apple car play interface from if you don't mind me asking? been searching ebay for a while and other sites but not found anything thats under £200.

You answered your own question, they are all over 200 quid by quite a lot! Since I got mine you can now get wireless versions. I’ve had mine a few years now and would be lost without it, it was worth every penny

HI dest I found you with a similar mindset and the same day of birthday which we should have the similar taste ...
1. will the screen upgrade to 7 inch does it WORKS

I know I have got here late ..but im looking for a screen upgrade and then I like to add the apple car play ..and can anyone suggest which is the best CarPlay to get from sales after support and knowledge about the product ?

I know I have got here late ..but im looking for a screen upgrade and then I like to add the apple car play ..and can anyone suggest which is the best CarPlay to get from sales after support and knowledge about the product ?

Assuming your car is a W204 facelift (2010-2014) with Audio20 infotainment system, then the screen cannot be upgraded to the bigger one, not on its own anyway - you'll need to replace the entire Audio20 unit with the higher end COMAND Online NTG4.5 infotainment system.

You can, however, add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto via a third party module to your existing Audio20 unit.

Alternatively, you can replace the original screen with a unit that comprises of a 10.25" wide-screen with built-in Android OS (that will also have both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto).

www.comandonline.co.uk can help with the first two options, for the third option you'll just need to Google "10.25 NTG4.5".

Things have changed a lot since this thread was started! My CarPlay interface is long gone, and has been replaced with…. Another CarPlay interface!
However, this one is much better and very easy to fit. What you need now is to hope you already have audio 20 and the Becker sat nav module in the glove box. Yes, having the worst sat nav now makes easiest to get the best car play!
To fit, simply remove the Becker module and slide in the new wireless CarPlay module. It’s as simple as that. Also, with this new version the speech control button works with Siri on the steering wheel.
Comand is an utter waste of money these days as it’s so out of date. If anything, I’d be annoyed if I had it now, as getting wireless CarPlay wouldn’t be as easy as swapping the Becker module!
Yes, I’d still love the slightly bigger screen, but really it’s not a great deal different and Im more than happy with mine

thank you so much for the inputs , but im not aware of the Becker sat nav and I don't think I have it too . have attached images for further reference to check the systems by yourself .lingutroinic button is there in the steering wheel but even that doesn't work . and @dest whats the brand / wireless car play module you use . and my car doesn't have reverse camera as well planning to retro fit as well for the car specific . @markjay im so specific about the video playback , wireless Apple CarPlay , navigation and reverse camera . this is all what I needed . thank you so much for helping guys .

Attachments

• IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2887.jpg
    IMG_2887.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2888.jpg
    IMG_2888.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2632143D-4856-47F5-93FF-D68B0AD59683-3.jpg
    2632143D-4856-47F5-93FF-D68B0AD59683-3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This shows how the Becker is swapped, it looks like you don’t have it from your pictur, so you would need the old style similar to what I originally had.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

old style interface:

it can be found cheaper if you hunt around

@dest so whats the major difference between the old interface and the new interface you have now ? thank u sir .

The original one I had first wasn’t wireless for me
even for me I need the Wireless CarPlay ....is it possible to do it ? or it has to wired for my audio 20 ?
if wireless , suggest me some wireless car play module which suits my model ? thank you

even for me I need the Wireless CarPlay ....is it possible to do it ? or it has to wired for my audio 20 ?
if wireless , suggest me some wireless car play module which suits my model ? thank you

See post #67

Forget Comand, you don’t need it, and forget those external android screens because they’re crap and crash a lot.

The module I linked in post 70 will give you wireless CarPlay and reversing camera input on Audio 20 without a Becker interface.
You will need an aux in port to route the audio though, and obviously select aux in as the source when using CarPlay.
As I already said, you can find it cheaper if you hunt around, google is your friend.

Forget Comand, you don’t need it, and forget those external android screens because they’re crap and crash a lot.

The module I linked in post 70 will give you wireless CarPlay and reversing camera input on Audio 20 without a Becker interface.
You will need an aux in port to route the audio though, and obviously select aux in as the source when using CarPlay.
As I already said, you can find it cheaper if you hunt around, google is your friend.
@dest thank you so much will surely hunt around , will video playback works too sir ? through usb ? my kids wil love to watch ?
2. and as the audio is routed through aux port will the clarity of the music be the same without any compromise ?
thank you

Last edited:
Video does not work through CarPlay.
I believe it is possible via screen mirroring, but I have never tried it.
it is also possible with android, but I’ve never owned one of those!

Ahmm... Video-in-Motion is very much frowned-upon on this forum (and for good reason).

Ahmm... Video-in-Motion is very much frowned-upon on this forum (and for good reason).
not video in motion when car in stationary does it play ?

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom