Facelift W212 or...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The M6 is out for the same reason I'm not considering the CLS.

I would probably skip the m5 and consider the m6 gran coupe which i think is the better bmw offering from that 4.4l engine. but really neither have that 5.5 engine in the e63 which is a torque monster so it was easy for me to pick the e63s last year when there were loads of m6 gran coupes available but for the OP, I suggest you also look at the M6 , it's lighter and sleeker than the m5. But if you find a good e63 amg s, I think its the pick of the bunch but the m6 is quite something too
The torque of the M5 F10 and the 5.5 E63 is virtually identical and the M5 produces it from 250 rpm lower than the E63....just 1500rpm! Maybe it was the extra weight of the F10 that dulled the sensation for you......?

The torque of the M5 F10 and the 5.5 E63 is virtually identical and the M5 produces it from 250 rpm lower than the E63....just 1500rpm! Maybe it was the extra weight of the F10 that dulled the sensation for you......?
Not sure which cars you're referring to the s E63 has 800nm of torque. The F10 is less than 700

Correct.....my mistake.....blame google!! I looked it up and a site showed the M157 as 700nm........

I've run BMW M cars for a while and use a well respected shop for work on them (CPC). All they do is M cars and Alpine. Even they've told me to avoid the F10 M5.
Hence my looking for E63 wagons,

I've run BMW M cars for a while and use a well respected shop for work on them (CPC). All they do is M cars and Alpine. Even they've told me to avoid the F10 M5.
Hence my looking for E63 wagons,
Like I said in my previous post they are problematic

The BMW forums say otherwise...the F10 has a good record for reliability....the E60 V10 however...best avoided.

Yep.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom