Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wullie G

Car
C180K
Hi there im new to the forum just got an 04 c180k and i know this has prob been asked a million times if someone tell me whats involved in changing to the facelif headlight. im sorry for any inconvenience :bannana:

To be honest, if your cars is an 04 then it should be the face-lifted model.

Are we talking about the clear lights as opposed to the frosted look ??

Hello Wullie G,
Welcome to the forum.
I am afraid that you might want to give a little more time than 45mins before expecting a reply to your post.
Also you might have noticed that there has only been 2 views at the time of me writing this so no-one has even had a chance to see your question yet!
Sadly I am not able to help you with your question but given a little more time (and patience) I am sure someone will.
Doh! You beat me to it Andy_cyp.
Mac.

Sorry :D
Did they not change on a 54???

Buy the facelift headlamps from your friendly dealer, remove front bumper then it is a straight swap. Done it myself on my 04.

Wullie G said:
Cool. Any idea how much a pair??

If possible avoid dealers, they want £1200+ vat for them, ebay is a good source as i got mine from them for £450 +£25 shipping.
came in merc box totally unmarked/scratched etc.

hth

IF your going to upgrade your headlamps on the W203 from the frosted ones then just do bi xenons as they look even better than the face lifted halogen headlamps and there is a BIG visual difference in the appearance from just looking at them when they are NOT even switched on!

Once you have bi xenons you will NEVER go back to Halogen and they look cool...

I payed approx. £407 inc vat last April for a pair of Halogen facelift headlamps from my local dealer.

Flash said:
IF your going to upgrade your headlamps on the W203 from the frosted ones then just do bi xenons as they look even better than the face lifted halogen headlamps and there is a BIG visual difference in the appearance from just looking at them when they are NOT even switched on!

Once you have bi xenons you will NEVER go back to Halogen and they look cool...
^
| What he said! :D

There is absolutely no point in upgrading the headlamps if you're not going to spend the extra few pounds on the HID/BiX ones. The difference in price isn't huge but it is really worth it in appearance, light output and waving goodbye to consumable bulbs ;)

Shude said:
^
| What he said! :D

There is absolutely no point in upgrading the headlamps if you're not going to spend the extra few pounds on the HID/BiX ones. The difference in price isn't huge but it is really worth it in appearance, light output and waving goodbye to consumable bulbs ;)

Second that :D

as good as the halogens on the W203 are .. The bi xenons are a lot better.

I've upgraded my 2002 W203 Saloon with the facelift lights. They were fitted when I was getting the AMG front bumper fitted.

As mentioned somewhere else in this thread the bumper really does need to come off for this. There are three mounting points on the lights, one of these is in the corner where the front wing meets the bumper. To prevent scratching the wing or damaging the bumper this is the recommended way of doing it.

By the way I went for the facelift halogen lights. They're normally about £160 each but I got a pair on ebay for less than £120, so that's pretty good value. You can also upgrade the bulbs as I intend to do, for example PIAA Extreme White Plus.

Ive had a look on e bay but cant find any at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom