Factory Fitted Tow Bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonRJ

Car
2015 GLC 250 AMG - previous cars 2014 ML350 AMG and C220CDI Sport
I've just ordered my ML350 (and now waiting patiently until 1st March whilst it's being built!) and one of the extras I needed was a factory fitted tow bar and 13 pins electrics. I have a question that the dealer could not answer - Is the tow bar compatible with the Alko hitch on the caravan? I know the bottom of the tow ball is shaped slightly differently in order for the tow hitch to clamp on.
Can anyone help?

It's a standard sized 50mm ball. The factory one on my 211 fits the caravan Alko hitch perfectly. What you might find is the height may be different from standard car height.

What I did find was the 13pin electrics had a couple of wires short, notably the fridge and battery charging wire, so that's something you could ensure was correct.

As Druk said they are standard. Asssuming your caravan has a stabilising hitch you will need to remove the black coating (paint) from the towball though.

Thanks Druk - I'll check the wiring situation out. Many thanks

Thanks also to BTB500 - I had an issue with my existing tow bar making a high pitched squeaking noise when towing - thankfully, once I'd rubbed down the tow ball and cleaned with break cleaner it was all ok. I've learnt my lesson on that one! (Loving your SL by the way!)
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom