Factory Rim size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carlos19664

Car
ML 320 cdi
Hi Does anyone know the proper correct standard rim and tyre size for a Mercedes ML 2009 320 CDi?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

There would have been a few options, have a look at the sticker on the door jamb/fuel flap.

Hi Does anyone know the proper correct standard rim and tyre size for a Mercedes ML 2009 320 CDi?

What’s the reason for asking, as that may help members to advise you further?

I have 22" alloys on my ride, but not happy with the ride, and I've just started to get a wining sound from the gearbox with a weird transmission smell so I'm wondering if the alloy size has been putting stress on the gearbox

Why would you think that? With the correct profile tyres there should be no difference in rolling radius.

Why would you think that? With the correct profile tyres there should be no difference in rolling radius.

I have 22" alloys on my ride, but not happy with the ride, and I've just started to get a wining sound from the gearbox with a weird transmission smell so I'm wondering if the alloy size has been putting stress on the gearbox

What size are the wheels and tyres? I would be surprised if they have damaged the gearbox although I can imagine thy it would damage the ride quality. If it’s steel spring then 17-inch alloy wheels would be ideal, that’s what came on the sportier W164 ML models (excluding AMG).

When was the transmission last serviced? Maybe worth giving it a service if you’re not sure when it was last done.

Thanks Bobby my late father had a full sercive done on the gearbox a year ago including torque convertor and oil change, something is whining I'm just not sure what it is it's not loud, but slightly noticeable this was accompanied with a faint occasional clutch burn smell I've been driving it todand it seems like the smell has disappeared now though!

I'll be looking at getting some new alloys and saw some 19s d on you think they'll be fine? Wheel size currently is 22" running on 285/35/22

Thanks Bobby my late father had a full sercive done on the gearbox a year ago including torque convertor and oil change, something is whining I'm just not sure what it is it's not loud, but slightly noticeable this was accompanied with a faint occasional clutch burn smell I've been driving it todand it seems like the smell has disappeared now though!

I'll be looking at getting some new alloys and saw some 19s d on you think they'll be fine? Wheel size currently is 22" running on 285/35/22

On an ML the arches are generously sized so it’s offset that you really need to watch out for. If you post the make/style/size or the wheels you have in mind then we can guide you. The “ET” is most important but many people forget to post this.

Alternatively if they’re genuine Mercedes wheels, then a photo may suffice if it’s an ML wheel, as most (but not all) come in just one size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom