Factory tint on CL216

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
I am sure this was asked a lot but I cant find any info. I was wondering if the CL500 BlueEfficiency hass any sort of tint in the window from the factory? I really hate all the sunshine coming into the car and I want to apply some light smoke tinting while staying within the legal limit ofc

I am sure this was asked a lot but I cant find any info. I was wondering if the CL500 BlueEfficiency hass any sort of tint in the window from the factory? I really hate all the sunshine coming into the car and I want to apply some light smoke tinting while staying within the legal limit ofc
Oem glass is normally on the limit of legal (front windows) but anything b pillar back can be as dark as you want, so if your car didn’t come with factory tinted glass or its not dark enough then the only legal option is tint the windows from b pillar back as dark as you want.

Your find even the lightest tint film on the front windows will push you over the legal limit so to me its not worth the hassle of having to rip it out there and then if the old bill pull you over.

Oem glass is normally on the limit of legal (front windows) but anything b pillar back can be as dark as you want, so if your car didn’t come with factory tinted glass or its not dark enough then the only legal option is tint the windows from b pillar back as dark as you want.

Your find even the lightest tint film on the front windows will push you over the legal limit so to me its not worth the hassle of having to rip it out there and then if the old bill pull you over.
Yes I am suspecting its 10% from OEM which is almost clear, however, applying 35% will push you over the limit straight away.

Yes I am suspecting its 10% from OEM which is almost clear, however, applying 35% will push you over the limit straight away.
Yes but that rule only applies to the front drivers and passenger windows anything behind that can be as dark as you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom