Faded Screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
The on board computer screen in my dash has faded on the left side compared to the right half, it is still visable but annoying.

Is there a bulb you can change or do I need a new Part?

2001 CLK230K

design guru said:
The on board computer screen in my dash has faded on the left side compared to the right half, it is still visable but annoying.

Is there a bulb you can change or do I need a new Part?

2001 CLK230K

Which screen ?

On Board Computer

miro said:
Which screen ?

Its the screen which displays the milage, radio stations, linked to the buttons on the steering wheel. Just below the speedo.(Trip Computer)

This is an easy job - if you can remove your cluster, there are 2 or 4 bulbs which illuminate this display it is just a simple matter of changing these. They are changed from the rear of the cluster and are mounted in easy to remove lamp holders.

You can buy the bulbs at Halfords or similar. If you cannot remove your cluster (2 special, but cheap MB tools are required), your stealer will be able to do this for you in under 1/2 hour.

Cannot remember the bulb sizes or wattages but there are common types.

meb said:
This is an easy job - if you can remove your cluster, there are 2 or 4 bulbs which illuminate this display it is just a simple matter of changing these. They are changed from the rear of the cluster and are mounted in easy to remove lamp holders.

You can buy the bulbs at Halfords or similar. If you cannot remove your cluster (2 special, but cheap MB tools are required), your stealer will be able to do this for you in under 1/2 hour.

Cannot remember the bulb sizes or wattages but there are common types.

Thanks for the help MEB

design guru said:
Thanks for the help MEB
I might be able to look up the bulb part numbers for you from the catalogue. Also, those bulbs can be bought from the stealership - they'd be bosch and sometimes cheaper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom