Faded trim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottyR81

Car
W205 C63 Estate
I've recently bought my 2018 c63 and part of the lower front end is a faded grey colour, pictured below. Would this part not be either chrome or colour coded to the same as the car?
20200604_102951.jpg

I think the all black air ducts and under trim are all part of the night pack which is an option and doesn't include chrome in that area.
I am surprised however that the bit in your photo isn't the same shade of black as the rest:dk:
The similar trim on my e Class below hasn't faded0b808fed6bba43159d20bc1e12ed2ed3.jpg

Hello, newbie here. I too have just purchased a 2018 C63 with the night pack and mine have gone exactly the same way. Going to try and tackle Merc tomorrow as the warranty runs out in March.
Did you have much of an issue and who / dept did you approach?
Thanks
FAE51606-7E17-495F-B38F-86E1E482F4B6.jpeg

Hi Ceejay, your photo is so alike to mine it could be the same car! I simply rang my local mb dealership and they dealt with it.... unfortunately for me mb rejected the warranty claim in the end as they said there was evidence the "front end" had been off (I'd had my local body shop fit a face-lift grill) so they never rectified it for me. Had the same bodyshop repaint them instead for a couple of hundred.

Hi Ceejay, your photo is so alike to mine it could be the same car! I simply rang my local mb dealership and they dealt with it.... unfortunately for me mb rejected the warranty claim in the end as they said there was evidence the "front end" had been off (I'd had my local body shop fit a face-lift grill) so they never rectified it for me. Had the same bodyshop repaint them instead for a couple of hundred.
Thanks for the reply 👍🏻
Good old customer service hey! Yes I thought the same when I saw your photo! Will see what MB say tomorrow

Can these faded plastic bumper trim parts be replaced? Seems to be a common issue of them fading badly. If not what's the best solution to keep them looking black?

Can those plastic pieces be replaced individually?

These have been bugging me for so long now and people are mentioning them to :(

They seem like a common problem with our AMG C 63s specific models :( I asked our local Mercedes dealership last year about them when it was serviced and the body shop advised it was standard, I’m still unhappy about that statement and actually think it’s getting worse. Sad to see that mine is not an isolated case and I’m going to ask AGAIN what can be done, how on earth can it be standard :( Wish me luck 🍀

Photo attached - apologies it is not very clean but it is still easy to spot the colour difference :( R1 VJA

Attachments

• EAC12662-1218-4DEF-BA64-3815513FC106.jpeg
    EAC12662-1218-4DEF-BA64-3815513FC106.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 5957E939-B2CE-4671-8177-A4FD9190CD09.png
    5957E939-B2CE-4671-8177-A4FD9190CD09.png
    2 MB · Views: 12
Cheap quality I presume and not UV protected. Back to black does a decent job of covering up.

Purchased a used 20k mile black SLK & the (plastic) bonnet nose section was already dark grey.
Replaced with Night Packaged used silver 25k mile SLC & yes you've guessed right - the lower front mouldings are already dark grey. What with the dreaded alloy wheel white worm already showing I just accept that when it comes to quality Mercedes is crap.

My 2018 had the same issue, replaced under warranty.
Don’t see how it can be denied, check your roof rack inserts (on the roof rails) for the same problem

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help. Same issue with fading on my SLC. Mercedes are saying as car is out of warranty and the trim is plastic, not painted, unlikely to get fixed as a goodwill gesture. Car has been looked after really well - I’m gutted. Can anyone offer any advice please?

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help. Same issue with fading on my SLC. Mercedes are saying as car is out of warranty and the trim is plastic, not painted, unlikely to get fixed as a goodwill gesture. Car has been looked after really well - I’m gutted. Can anyone offer any advice please?

Welcome.

Find a good body shop and have these repainted?

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to Mercedes bodyshop yesterday - was told it’s plastic so not a part that can be painted/sprayed. They said only solution is to replace with a new part.

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to Mercedes bodyshop yesterday - was told it’s plastic so not a part that can be painted/sprayed. They said only solution is to replace with a new part.
So MB body shop says you can't paint plastic parts? I think that will be startling news to car manufacturers :D. I'd try another paint shop. but also get a price for the replacement parts for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom