Faded trim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was surprised! Thank you 😊

You can paint most plastics if you use the proper primer. I did the shark fin antenna when I upgraded the head unit. I have just sprayed a door mirror housing for my mates VW, my front number plate plinth now matches the tenorite grey of the rest of the car. So yes you can spray plastics.

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to Mercedes bodyshop yesterday - was told it’s plastic so not a part that can be painted/sprayed.
Really? How do they imagine car bumpers arrive at being the same colour as the rest of the car?
An application of Fairy Dust meticulously hand-applied by Unicorns maybe? (or should that be hoof-applied) 🤔

Sadly not. I am not impressed with Mercedes. Will get the part resprayed as it’s a lovely car and I want it looking it’s best.

Mine have gone purple / white aswell. At least it seems easily rectified either via warranty or just put on replacements.

Not sure the secondhand merc warranty will cover it, any experiences?

Cheers

Not sure the secondhand merc warranty will cover it, any experiences?

Cheers
I'd say no chance. The warranty company will claim its UV that has changed the colour and reject any claim.
But good luck anyway. You never know for sure.

I'd say no chance. The warranty company will claim its UV that has changed the colour and reject any claim.
But good luck anyway. You never know for sure.
I never questioned, is the 2 year amg warranty underwritten by mercedes?

Spoke with local dealer, parts £94 essentially, so I might buy them before they become unobtainium at some point.

Could take the current ones off and wrap them gloss black or get resprayed.

How to protect the new parts, I'm not sure, assuming quality issues have not been addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom