Failed MOT on small leak.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wearsthefoxhat

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500 : R129. /. E55k : S211
My E55 (2005 S211) has just failed it’s MOT due to a small leak on a rear shock, so I shall replace both, however…. there appear to be none around, waiting lists at MB, gfs etc.

Does anyone have a particular preference for these or even someone who has them, thanks in advance..

My E55 (2005 S211) has just failed it’s MOT due to a small leak on a rear shock, so I shall replace both, however…. there appear to be none around, waiting lists at MB, gfs etc.

Does anyone have a particular preference for these or even someone who has them, thanks in advance..
Have you tried Autodoc ?

Just looking now thanks, but am going to see the garage man first just to make sure I’m after the right bit too..thinking Airmatic and Aerosus, not just a “shock”.

It seems that they are available from Aerosus, both sides available. I assume that I need the ones that have the additional ADS too, as have the comfort, sport 1 & 2 settings.
Is it necessary to replace both or just better too ?, happier to replace both, though a shame as both airbags are leak free..

any info or advice greatly appreciated though not going to attempt the job myself. Thank you..

Initial panic over, research being done. Air springs and separate shocks. Replace both shocks of over 50k so …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom