Fair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it is very generational - when I grew up, they hanged people for lots of things. These days we don't. People almost were a priso
Its high time they were back in the kitchen where they belong! Contrary to the assertion that this woman got off because the judge was a woman also, in many instances women pass harsher judgement on members of their own sex than their male counterparts.
In the meantime the women have a bit of catching up to do.

Homicide in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics

chartimage
It is worse than that, men are more likely commit suicide, men are more ikely to be violently assaulted, put in prison, die sooner, be homeless etc the list goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its high time they were back in the kitchen where they belong! Contrary to the assertion that this woman got off because the judge was a woman also, in many instances women pass harsher judgement on members of their own sex than their male counterparts.
In the meantime the women have a bit of catching up to do.

Homicide in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics

Have they ?

Who says the partners that kill women are always male ?

Female domestic violence perpetrators - Respect Phoneline

I would offer its perfectly correct to question the validity of the sentence based on the evidence presented and previous history of the accused but to generalise from that to the assertion that she got off because she was a woman being tried by a woman judge without a substantial body of evidence to back that assertion up might come across as a mite prejudicial. ;)

We're not generalising by saying she got off because she was a woman being tried by a female judge. The newspaper article says:

And the judge said: “If Miss Parry was a man, there is no question it would have been straight down the stairs, because this is a shocking case of dangerous driving against a background of two previous convictions for excess alcohol.

I think that's fairly specific.

We're not generalising by saying she got off because she was a woman being tried by a female judge. The newspaper article says:

And the judge said: “If Miss Parry was a man, there is no question it would have been straight down the stairs, because this is a shocking case of dangerous driving against a background of two previous convictions for excess alcohol.

I think that's fairly specific.
Yes, but...:

a. This is what the NEWSPAPER says the judge said (so potentially the judge may have been misquoted in the article)

b. We don't know what else the judge may have said before or after she made the comment quoted in the article (so potentially it may have been taken out of context)

Yes, but...:

a. This is what the NEWSPAPER says the judge said (so potentially the judge may have been misquoted in the article)

b. We don't know what else the judge may have said before or after she made the comment quoted in the article (so potentially it may have been taken out of context)

In that case, potentially it may all be fake news, and never happened at all.

In that case, potentially it may all be fake news, and never happened at all.
The way it works is that you expect respectable media channels to verify news before publishing it.

It's not an exact science, granted, but in general, news from the BBC or Sky etc are more likely to be near-accurate than 'news' from the Daily Mail or Sun etc.

Why does it take so long from the offence committed in May 18, to court in April 19, and then a further 3 months before sentence next July? She was pulled drunk from the car already on a ban, and admitted as much to the policeman at the scene. Are the courts that full?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom