Faith Restored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

br0ke

Yesterday morning when I came out of a customers office, in the pouring rain, I found that I had a note on my windscreen. It was a name and telephone number. My car was parked in a on-street pay-and-display parking box parallel to the pavement. I prefer these as there is less chance of getting a ding on the door.
Anyway I walked around the car twice and couldn't see any damage. A guy was getting into his Audi behind and came over to see what I was at - I guess it looked suspicious that some bloke was wandering around a parked car in torrential rain. He spotted a fist sized dent in the drivers wing with some white scratches on the bumper below it.
He said that it looked expensive and was then on his way. I called the number and a lady answered and explained that it was her who had hit my car. I thanked her for leaving her number and said I would call her later after I got a quote.

I called into my usual bodyshop (3 times in 3 years now) and got a quote of £426. I called the lady back and she explained in more detail what happened and it transpired that her car was quite bad because once she hit my car she didn't know whether to go back or forwards, so picked forwards and damaged both her nearside doors. Therefore she was putting the accident through her insurance.

I got a call this evening from RSA who asked me to confirm the details. They asked me if I needed a courtesy car while the work was being done, which I declined. She then asked if I would take a cheque for £426 as full and final settlement, which I agreed, and it is now in the post.

Although it is a minor inconvenience, I am very impressed that there are both still honorable people out there driving around, and also the efficiency with which RSA have dealt with and resolved this incident.

Yesterday morning when I came out of a customers office, in the pouring rain, I found that I had a note on my windscreen. It was a name and telephone number. My car was parked in a on-street pay-and-display parking box parallel to the pavement. I prefer these as there is less chance of getting a ding on the door.
Anyway I walked around the car twice and couldn't see any damage. A guy was getting into his Audi behind and came over to see what I was at - I guess it looked suspicious that some bloke was wandering around a parked car in torrential rain. He spotted a fist sized dent in the drivers wing with some white scratches on the bumper below it.
He said that it looked expensive and was then on his way. I called the number and a lady answered and explained that it was her who had hit my car. I thanked her for leaving her number and said I would call her later after I got a quote.

I called into my usual bodyshop (3 times in 3 years now) and got a quote of £426. I called the lady back and she explained in more detail what happened and it transpired that her car was quite bad because once she hit my car she didn't know whether to go back or forwards, so picked forwards and damaged both her nearside doors. Therefore she was putting the accident through her insurance.

I got a call this evening from RSA who asked me to confirm the details. They asked me if I needed a courtesy car while the work was being done, which I declined. She then asked if I would take a cheque for £426 as full and final settlement, which I agreed, and it is now in the post.

Although it is a minor inconvenience, I am very impressed that there are both still honorable people out there driving around, and also the efficiency with which RSA have dealt with and resolved this incident.

Yes there are.

Last week the doorbell rang at 07.30, i had just got out of the shower. Not pleased muttering down the stairs, opened the door, my next door neighbour standing there ashen white. I thought she had been attacked, what on earth is the matter i asked ? She said i have just reversed into your car ( the S-Class ) I'm so sorry, the phone rang, just lost concentration.

The car is usually in the garage but as we are have this extension built the drive way is full of skips and builders rubbish so both of the cars are parked in the street.

Rear n/s wheel arch + a scratch on the door. £ 700.00 my estimate took it to my body shop they took there's to MB Brooklsnds, a slight scrape on there bumper + a new rear light £ 1,700.00 !!!

So there insurance are dealing with it + supplying with a new S-Class, i think they charge around £ 300.00 a day for that. So quite an expensive loss of concentration.

She needn't have rang the door bell.

Last edited:
^^She knew that if she didn't own up then you'd hit her with a 600 psi punch.

Great story, just goes to show that most people are decent, thoughtful human beings.

I wonder how DCpheonix would have responded to this accident...

Great story, just goes to show that most people are decent, thoughtful human beings.

Sobbing gently into his rusks?:dk:

Made her dig her own grave first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom