FAKE AMG Badges on Non-AMG Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm right with you on that one. Does it give an indication of the care the dealers have taken with your new car?
My obsession with 'level' number plates goes even further, and I feel the need to trim them (fully legally!) to match the aperture on the car. OCD or what ??:dk:

View attachment 149727

View attachment 149728
I had the Bentley number plates made by a company called Fourdot. Thry make the plates to fit your car. www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk

But why, if you've worked hard and are successful, why shouldn't you enjoy the fruits of your labour. And have to get a,
lesser car, lesser spec, lesser plate, just so you don't potentially upset/annoy, probably a small minority of people. :dk:
It shouldn’t be an issue but unfortunately some people don’t react positively if they think someone else has “too” much of something, especially money. It’s a sad reality of human nature.

Some prefer to reduce that risk by driving a different car to work, as they want their employees, customers and suppliers to think that they (and their business) are quite successful) but not too successful.

Looks ok....I was expecting some tastelessly modified monster...that looks pretty factory.
If the person had left the original grille on, I'd have considered taking it for a test drive as I'm looking for an estate but alas...

If the person had left the original grille on, I'd have considered taking it for a test drive as I'm looking for an estate but alas...
If the car is otherwise “right” in all other respects then the grille isn’t too difficult or expensive to change to get the car how you would really want it.

On the other hand , look at this monstrosity 🙃🙃🙃

"Monstrosity" ? Mmm, think it looks great! And as said if it's only the grille that's stopping you, that's (relatively) easily changed. Awesome motor, go for it. 🙂👍

"Monstrosity" ? Mmm, think it looks great! And as said if it's only the grille that's stopping you, that's (relatively) easily changed. Awesome motor, go for it. 🙂👍
I think it looks great too - pleasant change from the usual silver or grey, although I'm not keen on the tints or the black wheels.

The mileage was great and I'm looking for an estate. Liked the paintwork colour but far prefer the unfake grille so I'll give this one a miss. Luckily there's no shortage of s213 e63 cars on autotrader currently.

In the meantime I think I'm going to join the fake club and turn my bmw 645 into an m6 😁 quad exhausts as well as a resonator delete , new front and rear bumper and diffuser and and some tacky dark stickers over headlights 😋😋 , much cheaper than the real thing and she passed her MOT yesterday so i'm treating her to some new clothes so she looks like this Screenshot_20231124_123533_eBay.jpg

Her without make up:

Screenshot_20231124_123850_Gallery.jpg

the s213 Can wait till 2024.

The mileage was great and I'm looking for an estate. Liked the paintwork colour but far prefer the unfake grille so I'll give this one a miss. Luckily there's no shortage of s213 e63 cars on autotrader currently.

In the meantime I think I'm going to join the fake club and turn my bmw 645 into an m6 😁 quad exhausts as well as a resonator delete , new front and rear bumper and diffuser and and some tacky dark stickers over headlights 😋😋 , much cheaper than the real thing and she passed her MOT yesterday so i'm treating her to some new clothes so she looks like this View attachment 149819

Her without make up:

View attachment 149820

the s213 Can wait till 2024.
Argh:eek:
Another picture of a BMW polluting the hallowed soil that is the MBClub Forum. 😜

But why, if you've worked hard and are successful, why shouldn't you enjoy the fruits of your labour. And have to get a,
lesser car, lesser spec, lesser plate, just so you don't potentially upset/annoy, probably a small minority of people. :dk:
Because most people will be too busy spending 90% of their day moaning and hating on you as they think they deserve the same or better. And your customers will think they are paying you too much if you could afford such things

Because most people will be too busy spending 90% of their day moaning and hating on you as they think they deserve the same or better. And your customers will think they are paying you too much if you could afford such things
As sad as that is, it's probably true. 🙁 Personally I've always thought Bl00dy good look to them. 🙂👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom