Fake insurance claim [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Topman2u

Car
A220 cdi amg
Well what a surprise I had today at 5.15 police turn up at my house and say on Monday 20/3/17 at approximately 8.25am you was seen to hit a car while passing it and coursed it to bounce up and down and mark all the bumper [emoji848] so we have come to look at your car ! Me please do I think I would know if I'd hit a car an made it bounce like you said !!

Police look at my car and go urmmmmm there's no marks on the whole car let alone on the side people have said you did it !

Police say we will leave you there details and sort it with your insurance!
Me why would I do that when I didn't hit anybody and you can see that from my car !

Well there's an independent witness that goes to the same school
Me urn don't they know each other so I tell you what if you got no evidence to take me to the police station and do me for leaving a scene of an accident I'm done [emoji23]
I said give them my number let me speak to them so yes you guess it the police leave un-happy and give them my number last night the girls dad calls me and calls me a bull****ter so guess what I'm meeting him with the car today at 6.30 !

Any advice please before I go an meet him and laugh in his face [emoji848][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Video the meeting - and be careful!

I really can't believe the way there saying I hit the car its traumatised the girl driver and how the car bounced [emoji848]
Yet there's no panel damage just black mark on number and paint scuff yet I never felt a thing c'mon I'm not that kind of person to just leave if I felt something I would've stopped at least

If it goes south, walk away, but consider taking a credible witness or meet them with the same policeman in tow.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I really can't believe the way there saying I hit the car its traumatised the girl driver and how the car bounced [emoji848]
Yet there's no panel damage just black mark on number and paint scuff yet I never felt a thing c'mon I'm not that kind of person to just leave if I felt something I would've stopped at least

Have you changed your story now?

In your first post you denied knowledge of hitting a car to the police.

In the second post you admit that you have a black mark and paint scuff!

Just because you didn't "feel it" - does not mean you never had an accident.

Maybe it's time to tell your insurance company that you have had an accident!

Have you changed your story now?

In your first post you denied knowledge of hitting a car to the police.

In the second post you admit that you have a black mark and paint scuff!

Just because you didn't "feel it" - does not mean you never had an accident.

Maybe it's time to tell your insurance company that you have had an accident!

No I've no marks on my car at all my car is like showroom condition [emoji1360]
they have a black mark and scuffs on there car !
My car is blue all over so how can I put black marks on there car [emoji848]

Did I read that right, the Police knocked your door at 0515 in the morning?

Were you in the location at the time of the incident? If not, then that makes it very easy to sort out, so I assume you were there at around that time (or else you wouldn't have posted).

You asked for advice, my only advice would be to not laugh in anyone's face or swear as you suggested in your first post. IMHO that sort of behaviour will make you appear guilty, even if it has nothing to do with you.

Try to ascertain the facts. For example, the owner/driver may not have even seen you do it, they may have reported what witness told them, and they may be very upset that the car they've worked hard for has been damaged and the guilty party has driven away.

I hope it's resolved quickly and amicably for you and the other party involved.

Sorry 17.15 hours police came
The girl was in the car at the time there saying yes I was in the place around that time !
I've just been back to the spot where it allegedly happened and I've found cctv right in the spot so I'm going to the place involved and asking them for a look at the cctv [emoji848] then we will see straight away won't we boom

I've found cctv right in the spot so I'm going to the place involved and asking them for a look at the cctv

I would ask very politely to view the footage as i dont think they need to show you it (if they still have it after a week) , unless the police are with you and they request it.

Its been a week form the reported incident so it may be difficult to prove your car hasnt been repaired in that time .

Just playing the devils advocate here, nothing else.

Kenny

Sounds like the 'accuser' is very clear on his 'facts'. Could it be cloned plates at work here?

If not, than it's a lot of hassle for something that he would know would be debunked by the Police knocking on your door, especially as it appears from your post that you are both parents at the same school?

As above. I would speak to the guy civilly, to understand what he believes happened here.

FYI: Your post does read, that you have damage on your car?

I'd guess the other driver didn't see anything, but spotted the OP driving off and added one and one together to get three.

I would ask very politely to view the footage as i dont think they need to show you it (if they still have it after a week) , unless the police are with you and they request it.

Its been a week form the reported incident so it may be difficult to prove your car hasnt been repaired in that time .

Just playing the devils advocate here, nothing else.

Kenny
You can obtain any CCTV footage that you appear on in a public place, subject to paying a fair charge for the effort involved in access.

To my understanding, this cannot be refused and if it is, I believe you can follow up with a solicitor's letter. That's the compromise you make if you have CCTV overlooking anything other than private land. That's the only reason why Tesco can refuse to let you have footage if you pick up car park rash outside one of their stores.

However, no-one is obliged to retain footage once it has looped over and been over-written so get in quick.

Last edited:
1.Do not give your insurance details.
2. Inform your insurers of the possibility of a fraudulent claim.
3. Inform Police of 2.
4. Do not speak to girl's dad. It is none of your business and none of his, either.

Sorry 17.15 hours police came
The girl was in the car at the time there saying yes I was in the place around that time !
I've just been back to the spot where it allegedly happened and I've found cctv right in the spot so I'm going to the place involved and asking them for a look at the cctv [emoji848] then we will see straight away won't we boom

So what happened when you met the girl's Dad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom