fake news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
Yesterday on FB, some idiot friend commented on a story that Mr Obama is having an affair, tonight, for some reason, a google ad is telling me that melania and donald trump plan divorce.

Every day more and more made up news stories, the work of Putin trying to destabilise the world, or clickbait looking for ad revenue?

Clickbait in combination with news organisation being savvy about the human condition.

There was something on the box the other night about it and they used an example of an outrageous and spurious headline posted by a well known UK daily. The article itself was all correct (as it were) but completely unconnected with the 'fake' headline.

I disabled all news feeds and don't click on any links on FB and in truth, use the same philosophy most all of the time.

....the work of Putin trying to destabilise the world, or clickbait looking for ad revenue?

If so, then his adversaries have the upper hand - rumours have been circulated recently saying that Mr. Putin will resign soon due to poor health.

Ahh the hysterical rubbish that is farcebook/twatter etc... A cancer on society I'm afraid when we all devolve to the gossip-mongering principles of a teenage girl.

Ahh the hysterical rubbish that is farcebook/twatter etc... A cancer on society I'm afraid when we all devolve to the gossip-mongering principles of a teenage girl.

Yes, that's just what heard the other day on twitter.

Made-up news has existed even before it was put into words and lined journalists pockets....it's called gossip...

Something posted on FB is fake.....this can't be true. Next thing you know, eBay will be getting accused of having counterfeit items available for sale on their website.
Scandalous :D

The Sun has been doing it for forty year, only difference is now its on a screen instead of paper.

Most 'news' is fabricated to install fear to the masses and divide and conquer.

Tell-lie-vision

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom