Falken 914 vs. FK510

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Shortly I will be needing new rear tyres on my E350CDi Sport. I'm thinking of trying Falkens for the first time.
My two choices are: 914s and FK510s. They are virtually the same price, but the 510s are not as good on fuel, better in the rain a 1db quieter. Does anyone have any experience of these two tyres? Are they any good and how well does one wear against the other.
Thanks

I can't help comparing the two, I fitted 914s a couple of yrs ago and very good too.
914s are tourers and 510s ultra high performance, both will do a decent job so buy the one that suits your driving style.

As above, can't compare the 914's and 510's but I have had a complete set of 914's on my E55 and managed over 10k miles out of them
A good hard wearing tyre that is quiet and offers good grip in both wet and dry. An excellent mid range tyre IMO. The 914's replaced the FK453's I believe.

Falken ZE914
Falken FK510

The 914's replaced the FK453's I believe.

The 914's replaced the 912's which were good tyres. I've found the 914's to have better wet grip than the 912's which were already good in the wet but they don't last quite as long as the 912's did.

Edit: Don't be fooled that they are budget or mid range, I found them better than Bridgstones Potenzas & Michelin Primacy 3's which cost a lot more.

Russ

I've used 914's on my E320 Estate and found them to be excellent. Really good value for money too against the usual suspects (Michelin, continental, bridgestone etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom