Falken Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Omar1799

Car
Mercedes E320 CDI SPORT
Hey guys,

Been using this forum for quite a bit but just recently joined and this is my first thread :rock:

Im needing to change all 4 tyres on my e320 sport. Been having a look and the Falkens ZE-914 seem very appealing to me. Has anyone tried these? Whats the big differences ppl have felt from continental sport contact 3?

I've had the 912 on several previous cars. A decent all round tyre, though with slightly faster wear rates than some tyres.

I've only used the SC3 on a week-end sports car, so it's not possible to make fair comparison to the Falken. The SC3 has very high grip levels.

I fitted Kumho's to my W211 E320 Sport and was very impressed.

I had Conti Sport Contact 5's fitted to my C32 and I'm very impressed with the grip and quietness at high speeds.

I've been seeing a lot of posts about the Kumho tyre. Specifically which Kumho tyre for the W211 front and rear? Also the new rating system tyre companies assign is this accurate or bs?

Had Falkens on a 5 series BMW and they were a good all round tyre ... nothing hugely outstanding, but then nothing wrong with them either

Cheers for the input guys, I might just give them ago. Don't thin aby harm will come from it lol

Falkens are good all round tyres... wears well. But can be a bit noisy end of thread life. And tends to tramline as well.

Tried a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 2.... better grip in wet and also dry, good wear rate. Much much better!

l have run ze 914 on an e240 ok but replaced with kuhmo ku 22 , quite and responsive and imo better than the ze 914

Falkens get very noisy and hard very quickly.

I had a few sets of FK452s that every one raves about, and coming from run flats they were fine, but then replaced Michelin Pilot Sport 2s with them and hated them, took them off after 1000 miles, they were crashy, noisy and the grip was not good at all.

Kuhmo KU39 I was very impressed with, had them on my 18" track wheels on the M3, swapped for Pilot Sports but the difference was not that much, in the wet they were a fair way behind, but overall very impressed, regardless of how cheap they were.

Forgot, put some Falken 453s on the old mans 530d GT when ditching run flats and they seemed a lot better than the 452's, but only had them for 1500 miles before swapping the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom