False alarms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sweeper

Car
Vito 116cdi, 2011 R Class 350cdi 4matic, Mitsubishi Outlander, Viano 2.2
i have had a few occassions when the alarm has gone off on our 2000 C230K, has anyone had any experience with this, and maybe a cure. It doesn't happen too often, but the instances have increased recently (3 times this month).

Cheers

As you say it's been more common lately; try to isolate the cause of the alarm... common examples in the past have been:
- Windy days (wind gets in from open air vents and moves dust around, this upsets the interior motion sensors)
- Hot days (bodywork expands as does the air in the car, causing currents. As above, this upsets the motion sensors
- Cats, Dogs, Foxes?
- Batteries?
etc...

To be honest i had thought it may be temperature related, i had a peugeot that went off in cold weather, we were in the South of France when it went off one evening, the battery is original, so could be getting dodgy (no problems starting though) haven't seen any wildlife in the car the other night i simply switched the motion and interior sensors off and this seemed to do the trick, i also thought it may be due to water getting in the fuse box again as we had a long drive to Dover in torrential rain (on the way to South of Frenchland) car needs a service so i'll check this out, although i did seal the box fairly well last time it got water in, bit like running an old Ford really, rust and water gettig where it shouldn't! all i need is an oil leak! oh just remembered i've had one of those as well! crap really, but we love it and she's determined to have another. Talking of wildlife in cars i found several ants in the Jaguar! closer inspection revealed that where i park the car at work all week, a bush touches the grill and they are climbing up the bush onto the car and finding their way in and feeding on a stain in the carpet! must be tasty, i put some nippon down which atracted more but the stain has nearly dissapeared and i have changed my parking spot.

i had this problem when i left the car out over the weekend at my mums, kept triggering every half hour or so! finally gave in and turned the sensor down, seems ok now, but will have to retest the sensors with the windows down again! you adjust them by the rubber bung out from the drivers side ultrasonic, and turning it down with a flathead screwdriver.

i had this problem when i left the car out over the weekend at my mums, kept triggering every half hour or so! finally gave in and turned the sensor down, seems ok now, but will have to retest the sensors with the windows down again! you adjust them by the rubber bung out from the drivers side ultrasonic, and turning it down with a flathead screwdriver.

I did not know that, very useful, i'll give it a go, been ok last few days though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom