Familiar E55 W211 Moved to New Home Further North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Thought I'd start a thread on a well known W211 E55 that has found its way from Essex up to Central Scotland.

We had some fun after collecting it, we were picking something up from Wales as the package was described as being 100cm wide and our carrier wouldn't collect (another long story).
When we got there we found that it was actually only about 10cm, they got their mm & cm round the wrong way!
Still we got to drive a lot of miles through some great roads in the E55 which quickly got the nickname of "The Beast".

Here is the car after arrival home and a wash and rinse the next morning

20170915_165319.jpg 20170915_165343.jpg 20170915_165422.jpg 20170915_165540.jpg 20170915_165716.jpg 20170915_170024.jpg

Love this car, possibly the best 211 out there, and I'm glad to see it's getting the love and attention it's become used to over the years with it's previous owner. :)

Now take it for a run round and get the surface rust off those disks. :D

Glad its gone to a good home, I know Pat will look after it well and has been working hard sorting a few niggles that I ran out of time to fix.

I still love the E63 wheels , they really suit that car and were the easiest to clean :)

Im sure you will have many years of fun with it just like I did!

Love this car, possibly the best 211 out there, and I'm glad to see it's getting the love and attention it's become used to over the years with it's previous owner. :)

Now take it for a run round and get the surface rust off those disks. :D

The car is indeed a beauty, been for a run today after being parked up for a few days.

Glad its gone to a good home, I know Pat will look after it well and has been working hard sorting a few niggles that I ran out of time to fix.

I'm quite pleased I got the Keyless problem sorted.

It's quite an amazing car, people get in it and and say "blxxdy hxll"!

I still love the E63 wheels , they really suit that car and were the easiest to clean :)

Yes they are rather nice.

Yes, great car :) Much prefer the 1V AMG's, mind you I am biased. I do have a set for sale with brand new Pirelli winter tyres :D sorry for the High Jack :rolleyes:

what a nice car. Very high spec for an E55 as well.....

I have to admit to neglecting the car over the past month or so.

Left the lowering module on when back from Tartan Tarmac and flattened the battery.
Removed the battery to charge and only just got round to putting it back in today.

Warmed the car up, took it for a good run round and then up and down the motorway.

Back to work and washed it, then dried then parked up inside the factory.

Will likely be left inside now till well into the new year unless there is the odd decent day.

Going to add a CTEK battery charger and spend a bit of time cleaning off underneath and a couple of little jobs that are niggling me.

Time for a bit of attention to the beast after me neglecting it.

Up on the ramp, off with the undertrays, off with the nearside wheel well cover and into the airmatic pump.
Going to pull this out and give it a refurbish and a new piston.

Will also clean off everything underneath and clean and wax the brake pipes while I've got the wheel well covers off (well I don't on the o/s but might as well).20171213_124459.jpg

Here's a link to the kit i ordered for Brutus, The Headbolts snapped on mine as they had seized in the alloy head of the compressor.

Think you jinxed me. :))

One of the bolts came out OK, the other (bottom on this pic) even being very gentle snapped. :(

20171213_143040.jpg

So by now it's out with the best drills i can find to get the offending bolt out, moved up in drill size a little bit at a time.

Result.20171213_143858.jpg

Quite a lot of corrosion on the top side too.

20171213_143709.jpg

After a bit got everything cleaned up ready for one final clean before going back together.
20171213_152427.jpg
Used a little bit of flange sealant as there was slight pitting on the surface.

Back together all cleaned up ready to go back in tomorrow.
20171213_161550.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom