Family holiday suggestions for June?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bulldoze

Help me out guys, I have been tasked by the missus to come up with a few suggestions for a family holiday at the start of June. We usually go to posh places in Dubai and Mexico etc but while these places are plush they do not offer any entertainment for a 4 yr old past 6pm at night.

This time I am looking for a place that has lots of kids around that he can play with and a place that does family entertainment at night times, so me and the wife can have a drink and watch the kiddie tire himself out.

Not long haul, temp around 30 deg, good beaches, etc can anyone recommend a hotel or resort like this?

Many thanks!

Butlins bognor Regis...
Get a nice room in the shoreview hotel,
And you'll be pleasantly surprised.
And your kids will go nuts.
Very highly recommended, yet a month ago would never have considered butlins let alone recommend it!

Med cruise? P&O have 2 ships that have super facilities for children - Ventura & Azura. Most ports have beaches a short taxi away.

Alternatively, how about Salou? Short flight, great beaches, some good quality 4* family hotels and Port Aventura theme park is close by.

Alcudia in Mallorca is also a good family resort with a massive beach - but expect more basic 3* hotels.

Offload your 4 year old onto the grand parents for 2 weeks. They will spoil him rotten. He won't object. You and the missus will get a proper holiday.

Dominican Republic

Offload your 4 year old onto the grand parents for 2 weeks. They will spoil him rotten. He won't object. You and the missus will get a proper holiday.

One of the reasons for the holiday is so I can see my little boy! - just spent 4 months in Afghanistan and miss him like crazy!

Would not dream of going away without him.

Butlins bognor Regis...
Get a nice room in the shoreview hotel,
And you'll be pleasantly surprised.
And your kids will go nuts.
Very highly recommended, yet a month ago would never have considered butlins let alone recommend it!

We once rented the whole of Butlins Bognor for a work function. No shoreline view, but we all went very nuts...though still not sure I'd recommend it.:D

Am I right in thinking you are in the Armed Forces ?

If so, you should quickly join Forces Discounts - The UK's largest forces discount website

Also available to Ex Forces by the way...some good deals

Forces discount has a bad rep as I understand it, ie most of the offers can be beaten with minimal haggling elsewhere. I will have a look though, they might have sorted themselves out.

get yourself a caravan (or hire one). You wont regret it for family holidays/short breaks.

.........temp around 30 deg, good beaches, etc can anyone recommend a hotel or resort like this?

get yourself a caravan (or hire one). You wont regret it for family holidays/short breaks.

Other than the weather, that's a great idea. We had one for years and had some great holidays.

Of course, the OP did not specify whether the 30 degrees was Celsius of Fahrenheit!

Snow2March06-2.jpg

I think I would go nuts in Butlins for a week. :wallbash:

One of the reasons for the holiday is so I can see my little boy! - just spent 4 months in Afghanistan and miss him like crazy!

Would not dream of going away without him.

I can understand that!

Hire a canal boat and chill out...kid will love the nature around him all at a walking pace.

A mate who has kids is very keen on centreparcs.

Butlins is more fun than you expect. I worked there for a season and the general good cheer is relaxing and unpretentious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom