Fanatic speed cop targets old folk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Fanatic speed cop targets old folk;

Small caption from friday's Sun paper.

"Brunstrom brainstorms
Reflex tests will ban 'em CAR-hating top cop Richard Brunstrom has a new target -elderly drivers. The Chief Constable of North Wales plans to stop old people."

What about this eh?The jist is he wants to stop old people and test to see how quick they can react to a situation and if they aint quick enough possibly ban em for life.

Originally posted by pluggers

What about this eh?The jist is he wants to stop old people and test to see how quick they can react to a situation and if they aint quick enough possibly ban em for life.

As long as the test is fair - good.

Originally posted by pluggers

How's that for pressure! fail this test and your banned for life.

I think there should be some kinda re-test for OAPs, havent you seen that program about them?

Some old bloke drove over a woman in a petrol station, then reversed back over here because he thought I felt somthing, then drove over her again!

Some of them are so frail, how on earth can they safely operate a car?

Ps, I hate traffic Police

BBW Wrote

Ps, I hate traffic Police

Shouldnt that read .... "Ps, I hate traffic Police...some of 'em anyway....ok then ...just the ones that nicked me"

Interesting idea, but the last time the local cops here did an eyesight check, something like 80% of the over 65s couldn't meet the minimum standard.

(Read a standard reg plate (79mm letters) at 20.5metres).:eek:

And knowing what Traffic Cops have to do, I can't help but have some sympathy...

...pull a dead kid out of a crashed car and then put up with Mr ****y who wants to know why he isn't out catching burglars?!

I recon the sooner ANPR SPECS are adopted as the standard "speed camera" the better (puts the criminal on the backfoot and doesn't penalise those who "stray over the limit a little").

:rock: Rant over

:bannana:

Personally I would be happy with re-tests for the rest of my life every few years.

if anyone doubts the logic behind the retest idea please come and spend a week driving around Bexhill.

Known locally as Costa Geriatrica we have no need for speed cameras in the town - no one dares to drive faster than about 20 mph as there is some half blind grandma (or grandad) just waiting to pull out of each and every side road in there nissan micra.

If this idea was to be enforced the number of accidents around our town would be almost zero :)

I wouldn't object to a short "re-assesment" of my driving ability on an annual basis - after all we have to get cars tested to see if they are roadworthy why not the drivers as well?

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom