Fancy a Chinese Volvo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Those headlights are just slits and very slanted.

_46983718_-1.jpg

If only the GM/Saab sale could be as smooth - although I'm not certain I'd be happy with Geely as Saab's new owner...mind you, will Spyker (if it happens) be any better...

Interestingly, I was thinking of a Volvo C70 to replace my Saab (if Saab don't make it) but I reckon Volvo eventually will go the same way as MG Rover so there's no way I'd buy one now! Tried the Audi A5 convertible the other day and have to say, very nice car! But then I'm sure the new E cab will be nice too and I have a secret admiration for the BMW 635d cab.. (please don't :ban:me!) :D

Interestingly, I was thinking of a Volvo C70 to replace my Saab (if Saab don't make it) but I reckon Volvo eventually will go the same way as MG Rover so there's no way I'd buy one now! Tried the Audi A5 convertible the other day and have to say, very nice car! But then I'm sure the new E cab will be nice too and I have a secret admiration for the BMW 635d cab.. (please don't :ban:me!) :D
The engine in the 635d is fantastic it is so tourquey.
Personally I'd hold on to the Saab and have it looked after by a nice indi.
Back to the BM its fun to drive but the interior is a bit cheap.
I'd hold out for a new E class convertible.

That's what my wife says! She loves the Saab and has offered to buy it off me! hahaha!

Of course if she keeps the Saab - a coupe would do me fine... (back to the 'Vette, but like someone suggested a while back, the C5 is a MUCH better proposition! or a CLK55............) :)

Decision after my Russia holiday! :) Anyway, good luck Saab! :)

In the Volvo story I read that expert opinion is that manufacturing will shift to China, but R&D stay in Sweden. But will current Volvo steel suppliers (SSAB etc) also move to China? All in good time I'm sure. But as far as I am aware the availability of high strength steels in China is limited today. So whilst a Chinese Volvo may look like a Volvo, it wont crash like one.

In the Volvo story I read that expert opinion is that manufacturing will shift to China, but R&D stay in Sweden. But will current Volvo steel suppliers (SSAB etc) also move to China? All in good time I'm sure. But as far as I am aware the availability of high strength steels in China is limited today. So whilst a Chinese Volvo may look like a Volvo, it wont crash like one.

Looks like Volvo engines are built here in the UK

Ford jobs safe at Bridgend and Dagenham - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car?

How will Jaguar/Land Rover and Volvo will fare without engineering from Ford?

Pity Saab and Volvo hadn't amalgamated .

Anyone fancy a Salvo ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom