Fancy a Job with a View?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Check out what he does at 7:18 :eek::eek:

[YOUTUBE]T4OyFFrB9Us[/YOUTUBE]

Is it a trick ? the clip ends at 7.02 :(

Sorry that should have been 6:43 :eek: (the original vid had an ad at the start..)

He is standing on the beacon platform without holding on!!

I felt sick just watching that - yet couldn't take my eyes off it.

Just hope those climbing bars aren't made out of the same metal as W210s...

That made me feel queasy watching that! I wonder how much his life insurance premiums are?

Why not if you pay me?

With all the silly H&S on a windless day. Even though he slips off he is still held by safety harness.

Try climbing the north face of Eiger, it used to take several days in the 40s recently it took only 3 hours due to training and new techology.

felt ill just watching

I would have thought the temptation to base jump must be so strong

I'm going to have nightmares tonight now... thanks !!!!

Unreal.

Crazy fools! Every time he looked relaxed, I felt ill. How can he just lean back on that clip when he's chills out, and casually scratch his foot while it's not planted on a rung?!

I was nearly falling off my office chair with vertigo just watching it...

I wonder what the rescue plan is?
Not long ago since a guy died in the "safety" of his harness. He fell off what ever he was working on and was left to "dangle" whilst a rescue plan was sorted out. His rescue team thought he was OK as they could talk to him, death did not take long.
Hats off to Simon and people like him.

Not long ago since a guy died in the "safety" of his harness. He fell off what ever he was working on and was left to "dangle" whilst a rescue plan was sorted out. His rescue team thought he was OK as they could talk to him, death did not take long.
Hats off to Simon and people like him.
This is true TJ, in fact we use 'sit' type harnesses these days which luckily you can dangle in for hours. The standard fall arrest harnesses for general use can be dangerous if you dont get to terra firma quickly. Want to know the definition of terra firma?....the more firmer, the less terror! :D

Why not if you pay me?
Try climbing the north face of Eiger, it used to take several days in the 40s recently it took only 3 hours due to training and new techology.

That has echoes of the Eiger. Though one poor sole hung from his rope for more than 24hs before freezing to death, tragic considering he was just a few metres from safety, but just far enough out of reach.

With the Eiger, not all things are equal. Different routes, different styles. Skilled climbers can sole up it using fixed gear, but it always helps when a TV crew are filming you in their helicopter, knowing when it all goes pear shaped you have a plan B ready and waiting. Still takes courage.

[YOUTUBE]MM3e4i2KBD0[/YOUTUBE]

Watching these and I am suddenly reminded my vertigo isn't just triggered by looking down from great heights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom