Fancy-pants hotels just west of London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pentoman

Am going to be at an event this Sunday, at Egham (near Windsor/Bracknell) and am taking the g/f.

I'd likely to stay in a pointlessly fancy hotel, as it's only one night and I feel like spending a bit. I've no idea how much these things cost, but do they have hotels with bubbly jacuzzi-type baths? How much is one of them? Do you commonly get that in 4* or 5* hotels? Other sillyness like swimming pools etc. is welcome.

I'd pay up to a max of, say, £110-120 for the night if it was really cool, although £90 for one night is still plenty for me!

Anyone know of anywhere? Anyone stayed in a really nice hotel?

cheers!

Russell

Last edited:
pentoman said:
Am going to be at an event this Sunday, at Egham (near Windsor/Bracknell) and am taking the g/f.

I'd likely to stay in a pointlessly fancy hotel, as it's only one night and I feel like spending a bit. I've no idea how much these things cost, but do they have hotels with bubbly jacuzzi-type baths? How much is one of them? Do you commonly get that in 4* or 5* hotels? Other sillyness like swimming pools etc. is welcome.

I'd pay up to a max of, say, £110-120 for the night if it was really cool, although £90 for one night is still plenty for me!

cheers!

Russell

For that much you're not going to get anything out of the ordinary!

Damn.

Neeeeeed mooooooore moneeeeeeeey.

Might as well just stay in a Travelodge then?!

if you go up to 150 you may find something ok...stay away from larger hotels and try and find a nice countryside hotel...you may find something nice then. good luck!

pentoman said:

cheers!

Russell

Unfortunaltley £120 won't get far, but you could try lastminute.com or expedia etc for lastminute offers on:

Runnymede Hotel in Egham on the banks of the Thames behind J13 of the M25. This is a 4* Spa hotel, http://www.runnymedehotel.com/

About £150 - £200 for a double room with breakfast.

Pennyhill Park, located in between Bagshot & Camberley (on the A30, less than 15 minute drive to Egham) this is another Spa hotel:

http://www.exclusivehotels.co.uk/bedrooms.asp?hotel=pennyhillpark&Lang=EN

Not sure on costs here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom