Fantastic Customer Service from Dronsfields

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
As we regularly hear bad reviews on these guys, i thought id post my latest experience.

Due to some variable service in the past, they are the last people i normally call for spare parts...

I called them for some rear air suspension shocks... They have two on the shelf... Expensive but a fraction of new cost so I order and receive the next day.

Cut a long story short, this strut was working but had a dodgy sensor on it. So I called them, expecting them to tell me I had to send it back etc etc... This would be PITA as the car is stripped on the ramps...

I went through the tests we had carried out and he agreed that it must be faulty.
The guy sent out another shock which arrived today.. When I asked what I should do with the other shock, he said simply to throw it away!

Great service from Dronsfields. I dealt with Steve Maxwell.

I had a similar issue.

Ordered an auto dimming rear view mirror .. first one arrived had bits rattling in it and the swivel mount was knackered.

Call them, explained the problem. They sent another one. Told me to throw the first one away.

While glad both parties were satisfied on this occasion, in both cases the first unit sent out was faulty. :doh: OK they replaced it with another but from previous posts I get the impression that it's when they don't have any more second hand units in stock that problems can occur.:dk:

That is unusual Jay. Every experience I have had with them has been truly awful

I may have to eat the above as second strut also seems to be problematic.. but in a different way! Ill update when i know more..

Similar experiences years ago for me too - I expect they're ok with 'foolproof' items, but for the sort of items that require a little more of a 'selective' approach I get the impression that they can be very hit & miss.

Maybe they do deal in huge volumes, but I suspect they must have a large number of unhappy customers overall :dk:

Will

Don't buy any Glass from them " Is the glass de-laminated, absolutely not sir, we would not have DE-laminated glass for sale " you guessed it it came it was DE-laminated. Then the hassle getting it returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom