Fantastic Dealer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tramper

Car
E Class
I often read about poor service from main dealers but I'd like give a big thumbs up to Mercedes Colchester.
We bought both our cars as approved used and I've got to say they have been exceptional. When we picked my wife's car, the tyre pressure warning light came on when we left the dealership so We popped back in they sorted it and then filled it up with diesel for us. We recently went away down to Devon for a short break and discovered the Sat Nav Maps were out of date, so I contact the salesman and he said no problem pop in with the SD card and I'll get it up dated. When I took it in I asked what the cost was, he said no charge and I'll send it recorded delivery back to you, to save you a trip and it's arrived as promised can't fault that.

They also gave us 20% off a set of rubber car mats. Whilst you'd probably pay more for a used car car from a main dealer I couldn't see a local dealer providing the same level of service.

It mu
I often read about poor service from main dealers but I'd like give a big thumbs up to Mercedes Colchester.
We bought both our cars as approved used and I've got to say they have been exceptional. When we picked my wife's car, the tyre pressure warning light came on when we left the dealership so We popped back in they sorted it and then filled it up with diesel for us. We recently went away down to Devon for a short break and discovered the Sat Nav Maps were out of date, so I contact the salesman and he said no problem pop in with the SD card and I'll get it up dated. When I took it in I asked what the cost was, he said no charge and I'll send it recorded delivery back to you, to save you a trip and it's arrived as promised can't fault that.

They also gave us 20% off a set of rubber car mats. Whilst you'd probably pay more for a used car car from a main dealer I couldn't see a local dealer providing the same level of service.
it must be that part of the world - I posted a similar glowing reports for MB Ipswich service guys. I used to buy from Colchester but Ipswich were prepared to give a bigger discount

...When we picked my wife's car, the tyre pressure warning light came on when we left the dealership.... We recently went away down to Devon for a short break and discovered the Sat Nav Maps were out of date...

Ultimately good service isn't a box-ticking exercise, instead it's all about delivering customer satisfaction, and from your post is seems that they have done that and they deserve the praise.

Having said that.... from your comments above, I can't help thinking that their PDI isn't all it should be for an Approved Used car, and that instead of preparing their cars propeely they simply wait for the customer to complain before acting swiftly to remedy the situation?

Sorry if I sound too pessimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom