Fantastic Fuel Economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domfliss

Car
W204 CD220
Hi there,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy driving my C 220 CDI (W204), especially with regards to fuel economy. On a recent trip to Scotland, a full tank provided almost 800 miles (there and back).

I have a little giggle to myself every time I mention that my Mercedes is the cheapest car I have driven :)

Fliss

fuel.jpg

Last edited:
The most MPG I have seen on my S204 was 50.5, that was achieved after 120 miles or so.
I get the impression the figure continues climbing the longer you drive in one go, the sky would be the limit if you have a good bladder!
Tony

you must have been driving like Miss Daisy :D

Both the M1 and M6 combined have about 40 miles of roadworks (50MPH limit) at present, so that takes your average down. I normally set cruise control at 73MPH, which on the GPS equates to 69MPH. Safe, legal, and on a long journey...relaxing :)

And boring...

Not if you drive at 70 mph. A fast car driven slowly is less fun than a fast car driven quickly...:D

Though mind you, I hear the poliss in Scotland are very hot on enforcing speed limits, so maybe you have little choice. It's different down here in the south; faster pace of life, and more and faster traffic. I'd like to lose the 'more', but not the 'faster'.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy driving my C 220 CDI (W204), especially with regards to fuel economy. On a recent trip to Scotland, a full tank provided almost 800 miles (there and back).

I have a little giggle to myself every time I mention that my Mercedes is the cheapest car I have driven :)

Fliss

View attachment 84120

Haha... beat ya!

C220d Fuel consumption - should I be pleased with 72 mpg

That's good for an auto though. Mine's a manual.

It's different down here in the south; faster pace of life, and more and faster traffic. I'd like to lose the 'more', but not the 'faster'.

Have you ever been on the M25?

Have you ever been on the M25?

Doubt that the M25 is straight enough....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom