Fantasy Garage - Money No Object

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkII

Car
Mercedes C-Class
As some of you will no doubt have heard, some lucky so-and-so in the UK has scooped the £51M jackpot on the Euromillions this week - shame it wasn't me but good luck to 'em I say.

Anyway, I’m sure this will have been done before but for the sake of new members (and if long-term members will indulge us), what would you have in your fantasy garage (if money were no object) and why?

Here’s my fantasy collection, which includes two cars I’ve lusted after for a long time – the Mercedes G-Wagon and Porsche 911, plus a mix of other personal favourites.

Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo Touring in mineral grey, as my daily driver (ideally an Allrad, if only they’d sell me one) – I’m a fan of Alpina and this is a fantastically capable and well judged car.

Mercedes G500 4x4 Squared, in white like this one – just because I love the G and a G on steroids is even better! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMq-y-tx34

Unimog Classic Truck – don’t know why but they’ve always appealed to me.

Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series, preferably in red with the Aero & Track Packages – loved the look and spec from the moment I saw it.

Porsche 991 C4S Cabriolet, in GT silver metallic with Carrera Sport wheels – for sunny Summer days and bright blue Winter skies.

Singer Porsche 911 Coupe, in white with half black leather & hounds-tooth cloth trim and green on black dials – for the attention to detail and the visceral feel of a road car that still does analogue.

Kremer Porsche 935 K3, or more likely a replica – I have fond memories of watching these race as a child – having one in the garage would be awesome beyond belief. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5yr3UdovjA

BMW 3.0 CSL Batmobile, in Martini Racing colours – my first boss had one in his collection and was kind enough to let me drive it (aged just 17) – something I will never forget.

BMW 507 Roadster Series II, in silver with a red leather interior – just because (money no object) it’s an achingly cool classic and perfect for a Sunday morning drive.

Audi Sport Quattro S1, in Tornado red – I grew up watching 1970’s and 80’s motorsport, including rally heroes like Stig Blomqvist, Walter Röhrl and Michèle Mouton, so one of these would have to be in my garage.

Finally, a BMW i3 – for nipping to the shops....

Right, now I'm overdue a massive dose of good luck, so I've got dibs on the next big Euromillions win - you can form an orderly que behind me :D

Last edited:
Mercedes CLK-GTR & my current W210 fully restored, resprayed etc back to factory fresh condition.

The CLK-GTR is my ultimate dream car. :cool:

Mercedes CLK-GTR & my current W210 fully restored, resprayed etc back to factory fresh condition.

The CLK-GTR is my ultimate dream car. :cool:

Nice choice!! :thumb: Do you already have plans for the restoration or is it a 'one day' sort of thing?

Mark :)

Last edited:
RR Sport SVR for the wife.

For me:

Maserati GT MC Stradale for the sound.

McLaren SLR for the best engine ever in a Mercedes.

McLaren P1 for the sheer perfection and brutality.

S65 AMG coupe for those long journeys.

Jaguar F-Type SVR because it'll be a future icon for putting British sports cars back on the map.

FFRR for those times when you just can't run enough peasants over in the RR Sport...

Nice choice!! :thumb: Do you already have plans for the restoration or is it a 'one day' sort of thing?

Mark :)

It's currently bit by bit. Mechanically the car is pretty sound, closing in on 210,000 miles!

Front wings need replacing as they're rusting badly and there's a lot of scratches/chips/scuffs around the other panels.

Just looked up the price for a CLK-GTR... Anyone got 1.5 million spare? :D

As some of you will no doubt have heard, some lucky so-and-so in the UK has scooped the £51M jackpot on the Euromillions this week - shame it wasn't me but good luck to 'em I say.

Anyway, I’m sure this will have been done before but for the sake of new members (and if long-term members will indulge us), what would you have in your fantasy garage (if money were no object) and why?

:D

With a windfall of fifty mil I wouldn't be able to concentrate on getting a car collection together. So, to keep things simple I'd initially buy a Honda NSX and something with four doors, auto and rapid like an C/E63. Then draw up a list of thirty potential purchases (easy), after that do the hardest bit of all, reduce the list down to ten cars. :D

Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evo2 with Ellen Lohr

FFRR for those times when you just can't run enough peasants over in the RR Sport...

Nice list - how on earth did I leave a McLaren off mine :dk:

My brother had a Maserati GT on test last year, not the Stradale but very nice.

ROFL - for a second there I read that as PHEASANTS - now I get cha :)

RR Sport SVR for the wife.

OMG - forgot SWMBO (my memory - honestly :doh:) - she fancies a GLA AMG 45, so better add one of those too.

Last edited:
.... draw up a list of thirty potential purchases (easy), after that do the hardest bit of all, reduce the list down to ten cars. :D

Looking at your profile pic John, I'm guessing some kind of Lamborghini will make the cut.....?? :)

Ok if it were me....
At the house in Scotland:
- RS6 avant
- FFRR overfinch
- 991 turbo
- Subaru 22B or Evo 10
- Tesla X
- Malibu 24mxz boat
And P1 international Monaco membership

House in France
- FFRR Overfinch
- SLS GT
- E500 hammer wagon
- Singer 911
- McLaren 675
- Original Citroen DS & 2CV
- Lancia Intergrale EVO II
- White Citroen van to blend in
- Ke Kola AW119 helicopter
- Harley chopper 300 rear

House in Florida
- Tesla X
- Tesla S
- FFRR overfinch
- RR Ghost
- Something built by Gas Monkey Garage
- Multiple Bikes
- Malibu 24mxz boat

And change often....

Last edited:
Although not a Merc nut, I'd have to have a top spec SLS to play in.

The combination of those gullwing doors and that engine in M159 spec would be too hard to resist.

Bmw e30 m3
Lancia delta evo
mk1 rs mexico
190e cosworth
gt3 911
ferrari f40

Daily would be the new top specced 7 series

Although not a Merc nut, I'd have to have a top spec SLS to play in.

The combination of those gullwing doors and that engine in M159 spec would be too hard to resist.

Cool - any particular one, Black Series, Final Edition?

Bmw e30 m3
Lancia delta evo
mk1 rs mexico
190e cosworth
gt3 911
ferrari f40

Daily would be the new top specced 7 series

Some lovely classics there :thumb:

I'm assuming the e30 M3 would have to be be a Sport Evolution? :D

As a starting point:

G500 4x4squared
Pagani Huayra
300SEL 6.3
600 Großer
288GTO
F40
California T (for the Mrs)
Ariel Nomad
Phantom Coupe
1971 Plymouth Roadrunner
Alpina B6 3.5S

and send my existing SL on a trip to AMG

Last edited:
288 GTO and F40, good investment choices...

Wow. Reading these lists makes me realise how little I know about cars.

Mine would be this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom