FAO CLS owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DXB

Car
BMW 335d
Hi im new:eek:

im after some CLS information.

How long roughly will tyres last on this car? Also how long roughly will the brakes last with moderate town driving, not much motorway!?

Are Merc Dealers as useless as BMW dealers? :wallbash:

Also i cannot find any Euro N-cap information for the CLS it seems it was never tested? How safe is the car i wonder then?

Any issues that have cropped up with the CLS in particular the 350?

cheers

carl

DXB welcome to the forum.

Best to have one thread open at a time on the same subject;)

cheers for the help.

But the E class may have the same floorpan but otherwise its different isnt it.

cheers for the help.

But the E class may have the same floorpan but otherwise its different isnt it.

But it's the carry-over longitudinals and floor pan that significantly contribute to a vehicle's safety.

Dont know about the safety aspect, but a friend of mine had a CLS and he needed new tyres after 8000 miles. He had it on a 2 year lease. Brakes lasted until he gave it back, so according to him, tyre use was quite heavy.

Yes i agree with that.

But its annoying there is no ''Actual test'' for the CLS..

different shape wings etc roof line and actual shell all contribute also.

Yes i agree with that.

But its annoying there is no ''Actual test'' for the CLS..

different shape wings etc roof line and actual shell all contribute also.

All minor stuff really, as the outer panels are typically made from 0.7mm mild steel.

The biggest difference you'd see would be the fact that you're likely to buy a RHD and not the 220 diesel.

But I do agree it is frustrating that so few car derivatives are tested by EuroNCAP.

Yes very frustrating.

The car is bought already.

A lot depends on the engine and driving style. Mine has 9,500 miles on the original tyres - still got 5mm tread on them all. For reference it's a CLS500 (with the 5.5 V8).

Of course also depends on which tyres you choose.....I used to get 15-18k miles out of a set of Conti SC2's on my old E (320CDI).

Hope that helps.

I'd agree with saorbust - I've been getting around 15k from a set of tyres on my CLS. Brakes needed replacing after about 30k miles but that is consistent with the S-Class that I've had in the past. It's a big heavy car after all. My dealer in Edinburgh has been fine - but they are all different obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom