FAO KillerHERTZ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crespo

Car
CLK 270 cdi
Mate for some reason I can't reply to your build thread or send you a PM.

here is a cut and paste of what I have been trying to say for the last ten minutes. Hopefully you get it.

That looks the nuts. I am in the process of doing mine. Although I am doing it the easy way with a double din head unit.
Care to share what connector you used for the climate buttons.

Also I know where you can get the surround for your climate buttons. I bought climate buttons off ebay with that surround but got it cheaper as I didn't need that trim as mine is walnut. I will send you the link for the seller so you can get the surround. Ten quid and I would have thought it would be yours. I only gave 20 for the climate buttons.

Let me see if I can grab the link on my phone if not I will send you it tomorrow from my PC.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MBClub UK

You can't send PM's until you have 30 posts, and in the gallery section only the thread creator can reply to his own thread (it's for show only, not conversion) :thumb:

You can't send PM's until you have 30 posts, and in the gallery section only the thread creator can reply to his own thread (it's for show only, not conversion) :thumb:

Oh I see. Well hopefully he sees this thread so he can complete his interior.

Can someone do me a favour and send him the a link to this thread as he may have gone to bed and this thread could be long gone by the time he logs back on.

I know how difficult it is to get bits of trim and it's best to grab them while you can.

Hi there,

Sorry missed this thread - thanks to Andy for telling me about it.

Im afraid that isnt the correct surround - I actually have that surround on my car now until I find the correct one.

regarding the connections, it has been a bit of a knightmare as I have managed to fuse the dash and cause an SRS error which I need resetting.

I used an old floppy disk drive connector, filed off the plastic tabs until it fit, then soldered on the wiring from the old OEM connector. now its all in, worth it! I think.

Cheers
Karl

As you can see here they are different, thanks though anyway!

finaldash1.jpg

That trim looks the same on my phone. I will keep a look our for while I hunt down my trim.

As for you SRS light. Have you checked the connector on the SRS off light by the hazard switch. I forgot to connect mine when I fitted my double din head unit and ended up with a SRS warning. After much flapping and nearly driving down to Mercedes for session on star I had a look and it turned out to be that connector. I never would have thought that little light would trigger a SRS error but it does.

As you can see here they are different, thanks though anyway!

Look again. It's the same as the rest of your Consol.

Looks the same on my phone anyway its definitely not matt alloy anyway :p

Last edited:
You could always get the opposite trim, not cheap though - MERCEDES BENZ CLK 2006 SILVER CARBON FIBRE CHECKERED REPLICA TRIM | eBay

Thanks, that is the same, but im not paying £125 for the lot :)

That trim looks the same on my phone. I will keep a look our for while I hunt down my trim.

As for you SRS light. Have you checked the connector on the SRS off light by the hazard switch. I forgot to connect mine when I fitted my double din head unit and ended up with a SRS warning. After much flapping and nearly driving down to Mercedes for session on star I had a look and it turned out to be that connector. I never would have thought that little light would trigger a SRS error but it does.

Yep, disconnected the battery also for 10+ hours, I think it needs resetting via STAR. stupidly I allowed 2 of the cables to touch which cause the windows to move and the main headlight notification to appear also + fused it.

Yeah, definitely not cheap - to be honest I prefer the original pattern in yours anyway, the newer style looks... off somehow.

Look again. It's the same as the rest of your Consol.

Its not mate, its square's, I need the grayer weave. I have the same one you posted (infact I bought it off him!)

Its not mate, its square's, I need the grayer weave. I have the same one you posted (infact I bought it off him!)

Hard to see on my phone to be fair. I'll keep my eyes peeled anyway for you.

Thanks, that is the same, but im not paying £125 for the lot :)

Yep, disconnected the battery also for 10+ hours, I think it needs resetting via STAR. stupidly I allowed 2 of the cables to touch which cause the windows to move and the main headlight notification to appear also + fused it.

Oh dear.

Hope you haven't done anything nasty. Hopefully a reset will solve it for you.

Here is what im after:

That clearer. It's a shame the W209 upper control panel is different to the W203. You can get the W203 bits all day long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom