FAO Road Angel Users - New Software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Guys,

There is a new version of the Road Angel software - 1.7.1 UK

Find it here:

http://www.blackspot.com/downloads/

You can choose whether to have Cameras and Blackspots or just cameras with this version - ie it totally deletes the Blackspots :D :D

Blackspot Servers under going maintenance at the moment though - save your updating until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for that G. :)

One word of warning for any of those that use RoadAngel via USB... DO NOT change from cameras&blackspots to cameras only as this will cancel the usual update download and instead prompt an initial full download which will cause problems.

S.

Thanx Graham and Steve, usefull info.

Thanks guys.

Does anyone know when they might include mobile camera sites in their database?

I dont think that they can add mobile site to the data base due to the fact that they are mobile and in no fixed position.

A while ago Kinky posted this, so I was hoping they might get added. I think mobile sites have to be approved, so they use the same sites each time.

FYI - for Road Angel users ....
Picked this up on Pistonheads - posted today ....

FOR ROAD ANGEL USER +POSSIBLY OTHER SAT SYASTEMS

Posted by pesty

Around my area there is a type of mobile van that uses fixed sites I wrote to RA to see if these sites are covered here is my poorly written question and their reply....

Hello,

I have a road angel and I am extremely pleased with it. I have a
question in my area they are using more and more mobile vans! these vans plug into posts and wires already fitted under the tarmac and the locations are suposedly published according to the camera partnership website.

Do you add these type of "mobile" locations to your database. I live in shropshire I see them all the time!

Regards

Phil

Dear Phil

These locations are called DS2 sites. We are currently collating this database and will be releasing it soon.

Regards

So there you have it they will be on there soon

Thanks Richard i based my assumption on the local cops here round Blackpool. One of which is a friend of mine. He stated that they never used the same spot more than 5 times in a 12 month period of time as people will know it is there as they do for local gatsos. So they as PC plod to stand by the side of the road take the laser out of the boot of his car and do people in random areas. This could be local policy though with different areas haveing different policy's.

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Thanks Richard i based my assumption on the local cops here round Blackpool. One of which is a friend of mine. He stated that they never used the same spot more than 5 times in a 12 month period of time as people will know it is there as they do for local gatsos. So they as PC plod to stand by the side of the road take the laser out of the boot of his car and do people in random areas. This could be local policy though with different areas haveing different policy's.

I think the difference might be that they are hand held laser traps, rather than mobile camera's. Its the camera's they have to publish the location of.

Ahhh now I understand, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom