FAO: Shude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Dude, when you get a cance can u find out how much your armrest costs new? You have the SPECIAL bond with your stealership!

Ta Muchly :D

Just called 'em up for you , it's about £150 for the armrest, £50 for the lid and about £25 for the storage bin, all plus VAT. I would get about 10% off those prices if I was to order them from my stealership.

I just found out that the older (better) style armrest with the magnets to hold the lid down rather than the flimsy catch and rubber stops (like mine) is now discontinued! Some lady broke her w202 armrest lid off and ended up having to get a whole new armrest etc because they don't make the magnetic ones any more!

So what have you got shude?
I thought you had a box armrest k? which is what i assumed Shude had...

Hhhmm, sounds interestin, nonetheless...;)

Originally posted by V12
So what have you got shude?
I thought you had a box armrest k? which is what i assumed Shude had...

Hhhmm, sounds interestin, nonetheless...;)

K has the same armrest as me. I want the Yankland armrest with the mobile phone section (possibly just a lid-swap) I am waiting for the owner of a yankspec w202 to come back with their chassis no. so I can play with the EPC to find out what I need. Might be just the lid...might be the whole box. Now I don't care anymore I just NEEEED it! In case you wanna know why, it'll be cool to use it with comand...

V12, you got any armrests?

Shude,

I see from the other board that you have ordered most of the parts for the US armrest, which sounds cool!

If you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost??

I have seen a similar box on W203's but not on a 202, have you got a picture??

Cheers

Paul

Originally posted by paulrstaylor
Shude,

I see from the other board that you have ordered most of the parts for the US armrest, which sounds cool!

If you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost??

I have seen a similar box on W203's but not on a 202, have you got a picture??

The parts I ordered assume you already have an armrest, and it now turns out that I don't need ALL the parts I ordered, because you can re-use some from your existing armrest! The price is about £120 for everything. I will post all the details, pics, installation instructions etc when it all arrives (still waiting for the actual thing I needed - the inner container ! ) .

K, those box armrests are goldust, none at the moment.

Never held onto one for more than 2 days i suppose...real good sellers!!

:bannana:

I quite fancy the phone in the armrest too , Maybe get the extention handset for the Cark 91 for the chicks in the backseat to use ...:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by paulrstaylor
Looking forward to the pics, sounds like a "must have" mod :)

Yeah, this is the same style armrest as you get in the higher up models, CL, S etc, it filtered down to the CLK and of course the C in the USA. Handy even if you don't have a phone because sometimes you don't want the travel sweets getting mixed up with the chewing gum, or something :rolleyes: , nice to have a mini compartment in the storage box. Whether it's worth the £100 or so is another matter, but silly things like the price haven't stopped me from buying all kinds of useless things in the past :D .

Can you source a pic of something similar - I am lost as to what all this is about?

Can you source a pic of something similar - I am lost as to what all this is about?

Hope this helps -

top compartment slim, houses phone (or Shude's secret sweets)

rest1.jpg

2 catches, one gives access to top, other to deeper storage below.

rest2.jpg

Does the compartment have the number code lock (can't think what the name is - like a brief case)?

I have seen some Mercs that had those.

I have to admit that mod is over my head, especially for that money, different if it was like £20.

Does the compartment have the number code lock

No - well mine doesn't. Open one, open two, and adjust height (angle of armrest - moves up 2-3 notches) are the only features.

Think Shude's will prove much cheaper than he originally thought if he can order top compartment and lid/catches only...

Originally posted by Guy
Think Shude's will prove much cheaper than he originally thought if he can order top compartment and lid/catches only...

The lid is £50, the top compartment is £50. I think I have to get another inner compartment liner too, but that's dead cheap, and I can re-use the screws and the clamp (which is the same for both types of armrest) . Now we wait for someone at parts in DE to send these things to my stealership :) .

Originally posted by Shude
I want the Yankland armrest with the mobile phone section (possibly just a lid-swap) I am waiting for the owner of a yankspec w202 to come back with their chassis no.
It is NOT yankland specific...it is also euro optional cellphone armrest...

Originally posted by GrahamC230k
Does the compartment have the number code lock (can't think what the name is - like a brief case)?
That is the TAXI specific armrestlid...it has the coded lock.

greetingz,

Drink holder works fine buddy, the panel in front of it is broken. The cupholder button has to be pressed in order for it to open out. You need to get the inner part of the console/armrest/cubbyhole replaced. I had to do the same thing with mine after a friend said "hey how do you open this?" *RIP* and it never opened properly again

Confused? Sorry - Quoting from another group, to which I have not signed up because I don't speak american very well!!!

I am intrigued.......

Cupholders in a W202???

Where do they go???

Do you have the part numbers???

Do they take supersize McD's drinks??? :rolleyes:

Pictures anyone?

Cheers

Paul

For Koolvin and those that want to have the oem centreconsole container with lid/armrest, here are the part numbers:

A 202 680 11 78 - 05 9B12 : Lid (clip/clamp only, magnetic fastener has been discontinued due to demagnetisation over time! )
A 202 680 39 50 - 9B12 : centreconsole
A 202 810 08 30 - 9051 : rear ashtray
A 202 680 02 79 : front cubbyhole
A 202 683 12 10 : cover for cubbyhole (in 1997+ carbonfibre trim/sport models only - if you want a different trim please ask your stealership or ask me :) )

B6 692 01 02 cupholder (ESSENTIAL! )

N 000 000 000 523 : screws : x6
N 007 985 005 146 : screws : x2

A 000 994 93 45 : screw : x2
A 001 990 50 22 : screw : x3
A 001 990 51 22 : screw : x2

All colour codes are for 201 black interior, if you want another colour code please ask your stealership or me! :)

EDIT: my new centre console parts have arrived from DE now, so I will be collecting them tonight/tomorrow and installing them tomorrow hopefully, will give detailed instructions and lots of pics of course! :)

The parts:

armrest1.jpg

armrest2.jpg

Before:

armrest3.jpg

armrest4.jpg

armrest5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom