FAO Talbir, advice please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess what you really need is a car that has been wrecked so you can play around with it to see if it's possible.

I agree with you that it would be very handy to be able to lower the wheel.

I guess what you really need is a car that has been wrecked so you can play around with it to see if it's possible.

I agree with you that it would be very handy to be able to lower the wheel.

Thanks. The height is fine for me, I'd like the electric reach option that some of them had. Talbir's post says that this is possible, just not sure if that's possible for all w124's.

Might be cheaper to go buy another car with it fitted already.

If you can get the parts from a donor car then yes, as described by Talbir its possible on all W124's i'd imagine. 124 never had an option to tilt.

Don't ask why, but when you get to be well over 2 M tall you will being to understand. It is not for everyone, but I suspect it affects mainly the very tall amoung us.........

Don't ask why, but when you get to be well over 2 M tall you will being to understand. It is not for everyone, but I suspect it affects mainly the very tall amoung us.........

I'm 6ft.2" and even when the seat is adjusted to it's lowest setting i find entry to and from the car restricted by how far down the steering wheel is set, i was just interested to know why you would want it lower? I'm not being critical.

Do you have a telescopic wheel or a fixed one?

Taller people sit further back, recline the seat further, and have the seat sitting lower, all that adds up to having the steering wheel higher when it is telescoped out, which is not compensated for by having higher placed arms! Head room/position as well as leg position tend to dictate the seat placement more than steering wheel height.

You are very fortunate to be 6' 2". This is the cut off point for most car designers including Aston-Martin(Grrrrrrr), over that, cope the best you can.

The 124 Cabriolet is the only modern day convertible I can fit into, that isn't American. MB have not made a Convertible for tall people since. I cannot fit any other modern MB Convertible :( and that makes a VERY good business case for MB to build another full size Cabriolet, the world is getting taller isn't it.

To drop the wheel two inches would be surpurb. A flat bottomed wheel may or may not be required - probably not?? I don't live anywhere near MB wreckers but if I did I'd be in their yard looking very closely at the design of the column and how it could be lowered. Fixing up interior trim afterwards is not that difficult, you can fashion all manner of materials into strange shapes these days.

That would then give me an almost perfect car, almost because I still need a new seat! :):)

I've got a fixed steering wheel, i have the seat as far back and as low as it will go but i like having a fairly upright back, i think i'm too old for the gangsta lean! I'm probably in a similar position to you as i have shortish legs for my height 33" and a long torso, most cars are a pain to get in and out of especially those with a sloping a-pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom