Farecla G3 or Meg's 105

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Which of the above would be best before applying Poorboy's black Hole Glaze as my OCD has completely taken over and i just have to polish my car again. Hahhh:doh:

Meguiars Mirror Glaze Ultra Cut Compound 105 236 cc £10.20
FARECLA G3 LIQUID COMPOUND 500cc £12.49

Is it twice as good--- I doubt it.

well i have both and have 3 bottles of Ferecla i got cheap. I'll never use it all.

Megs 105 is vastly superior to G3. It's technically way more advanced I.e. no dust, sling, higher quality abrasives, safer cut etc.

But 105 is the 2nd most aggressive compound on the detailing market in high quality compounds. It only works on rotary or the Bigfoot to its full potential (unless your running the microfibre system in a d.a. But be careful it's very aggressive and in the wrong hands will struck through lacquer in seconds. Either way you will need to refine it unless using it on a Bigfoot and your skilled in finishing compounds down. I'm guessing your wanting to remove heavy swirls?

Cheers Mike

am doing it all by hand and expect it to take a few hours of toil and sweat. I just wanted to use it to smooth it down before applying poorboy's black hole glaze. T.

Which of the above would be best before applying Poorboy's black Hole Glaze as my OCD has completely taken over and i just have to polish my car again. Hahhh:doh:

Getting it ready for sale??
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tony you have said on numerous occasions how good your paintwork is maybe it just needs claying rather than a heavy cut?

Tony.

Hi, if its by hand do not use any of the compounds. Your hands can not break down the abrasives fast enough this resulting in scratching your paintwork heavily as oppose to removing them. Stick to the filler polished such as BHG for hand application.

Cheers Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom