Farewell c63s. Hello E63s (soon)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

secondmerc

Car
C63 Coupe S
After 4 months of deliberating where to go next after my 2 year company lease on my c63s coupe runs out, I eventually plumped for the E63s. Hopefully the right choice (bought personally, not through my company, works out better for me now, less income tax than BIK).

The C63s is hands down the best car I have owned and it has set the benchmark very high. I test drove the Alfa Stelvio Quad and, even though I was fully aware it was always going to be the case, the lack of quality interior-wise was too great a differential after the Merc. Considered the M5 for about 5 minutes but I got over that. It seemed whatever I looked at, the E was sat there all patient knowing waiting for me to say, it’s got to be you...

Like I say, I loved the C but the one issue I had and what I didn’t want in my next car was drivability (lack of) in the wintertime. Don’t get me wrong, getting the rear end out on certain corners doesn’t get boring. Fishtailing down the road is always a hoot. But in real day to day terms, windy winter roads and 500+ HP through the rear wheels, traction gubbins on or not, I am simply not able to enjoy the beast as much I want to.

The E63s saloon was a massive stretch finance-wise but seems to tick all the boxes for me right now. So this week have ordered a new Selenite Grey Magno, night pack, black forged 20 inch, E63s. Current landing date early June.

My questions to anybody who has made the move from a C63s to E63s. Happy with your choice? is it all the car I am hoping it will be? What are the main differences in day to driving?

I made the same upgrade just over a year ago and never looked back. As you say the C63s is an amazing car, but the E63s is a different beast altogether. It won't disappoint in any way and ticks your new requirement boxes.

For me the main driving differences are all positive (apart from the dreaded tyre skip/crabbing). 4matic+ is everything that the C63s is missing and gives a load of confidence in less than perfect weather. Putting down +600 horses without (much) traction loss is a great experience and makes for a more friendly drive. Although the wheelbase is bigger, when out on the move it doesn't feel there is much difference in size. More comfort and as to be expected more luxurious. The cockpit with twin wide screens and ambient lighting is a lovely place to be.

I have Magno paint and I highly recommend PPF for protection against stone chips.

You have made a great choice and IMO probably one of the very few cars out there ATM that could top the C63s. I'm sure you will be saying the same when you collect your new motor. Good luck and enjoy.

The cockpit with twin wide screens and ambient lighting is a lovely place to be.

I got an E53 Coupe a couple of months ago and I agree that the interior is fantastic. The rest of the car is great too, although obviously not a V8! I looked at the C63 as well but the E Class is definitely a big step up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom