Farewell new car (after 400 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyFitz

Car
CLS 250 Sport
Purchased a brand new C220 CDi Sport 125 Ed just before new year. On driving away from the dealers i got a warning light (rear indicator drivers side). Took it back to the dealers after the new year and they promptly put me in a hire car. Initially they said it was software related then said they needed to buy a special tool to remedy, which they did. About a week after getting my car back i got the same warning, although the light seemed to be working normally. Returned the vehicle and got another hire car. Had this now for about 7 weeks. Mercedes seem unable to fix the problem and have now offered me brand new replacement (not the 125 ed but with full comand). Crazy all because a faulty indicator. The hire car bill alone is not going to be cheap - 7 weeks in a brand new E250 AG. Any one else had similar issues with the C class?

Don't worry too much about the Hire Car - it's likely owned by MB, I think Enterprise just manage the breakdown fleet for them.

I've not seen anything on the forum like this, but at least they don't seem to be messing you around too much.

^ As above,annoying as it is unfortunately even new cars can develope faults & it's how the dealer handles it that matters & in your case fairly & reasonably it would seem.

take the new car .. you basically got the use of car for free for about 2 months

I suspect there will be a dodgy bit of wiring going on or they've damaged the OPs car. Who cares take the new one as there will be a reason why they are doing this

The worrying thing is if this had happened down the line, would a suitably equitable solution be offered to the customer, or would it be a case of continuing hassle for the owner.

artyman said:
The worrying thing is if this had happened down the line, would a suitably equitable solution be offered to the customer, or would it be a case of continuing hassle for the owner.

This is the worrying thing. At least I was in the "fortunate" position of it happening immeditaly. I have since been told that this is a common problem with the facelift model although very few have had to be replaced completely.

I wonder if part of the problem is cars are now trying to be too darn clever for their own good, and thus plagued with silly problems.

I suspect there will be a dodgy bit of wiring going on or they've damaged the OPs car. Who cares take the new one as there will be a reason why they are doing this

+1

I think it sounds most likely that the car has sustained some major damage whilst it's been in - sounds overkill to replace a car for what sounds like an electrical issue with the indicators.

why worry you got a new car not one they patch up and send back out which is possibly not fixed again Enjoy :)

This is the worrying thing. At least I was in the "fortunate" position of it happening immeditaly. I have since been told that this is a common problem with the facelift model although very few have had to be replaced completely.

Had the same problem with mine when it had only done about 250 miles. Dealer replaced the unit & had no issues with it since (done 2000 miles since)

This is a strange one. I had exactly the same problem after about 1k miles from new - offside indicater fault warning alert on two occasions and when I checked I found them to be working fine. Was going to take it to dealer but the fault mysteriously disappeared and has not recurred 5k miles later.

Hopefully picking up my new replacement this week. Was originally getting a palladium silver but the dealer could not get the car. They have instead sourced me another unregistered 125 edition in obsidian black. My original car had heated seats, this one does not however the dealer is going to retrofit. Will post some pics if i get my hands on the car.

JonnyFitz said:
Any one else had similar issues with the C class?

On a frequent change company car scheme, on my 3rd facelift c-class. 2/3 have had problems with rear indicators. Id imagine there are so many warranty claims on it that they are struggling to make replacement lights so that could be the delay? Didn't happen on the Pre facelift which didn't have LED rear lights!

Hope the replacement does the trick and the 12 plate make up for the hassle ...

Nice. Glad all sorted. Whats the colour and spec please?

Rayza said:
Nice. Glad all sorted. Whats the colour and spec please?

C220 125 edition obsidian black, heated seats, split folding rears. I think the COMAND online, parking sensors etc are standard on the 125

C220 125 edition obsidian black, heated seats, split folding rears. I think the COMAND online, parking sensors etc are standard on the 125

Great spec! Looks really nice. Those wheels look nice on black car. I went with the double spoke. In 2 minds if that was the right choice. Not a biggie though. Enjoy your car and hope this works better than the old one.

Looks fantastic! Good to know everything was finally sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom