Fast Food / Takeaway - how often do you eat it?

How often do you eat fast food / take away

• Never

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Hardly ever

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Once a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every six months

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Once every quarter

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Once a month

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Once fortnight

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Once a week

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • At least 3 times a week

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • More than that

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Following on from the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and levels of fitness from other posts, made me wonder how often others eat crap (as in bad for you) like this or Pizzas, Fish and Chips, Ruby, BK, KFC etc.?

For the record, we probably eat stuff like that once a month but mark it up on the Calendar. Occasionally twice a month but usually once.

Last edited:
That will be once a week for us, Chinese Friday which has been family tradition for some years now :)

As I work away, sadly, I find myself eating junk food pretty much every day. It's shocking how hard it is to get fresh fruit in most hotels after breakfast.

Rotten fruit salads, plenty... a simple banana or some apples after dinner? Near impossible.

Lunch tends to be a sandwich or other "fake healthy" food like pret...

M.

As I work away, sadly, I find myself eating junk food pretty much every day. It's shocking how hard it is to get fresh fruit in most hotels after breakfast.

Rotten fruit salads, plenty... a simple banana or some apples after dinner? Near impossible.

Lunch tends to be a sandwich or other "fake healthy" food like pret...

M.

Buy some fresh fruit on the way to the Hotel then.

Once a week for us!!!

Last edited:
If you remove the chippy, it's about once every 3-4 weeks

If you count the chippy then about once a week!

Following on from the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and levels of fitness from other posts, made me wonder how often others eat crap (as in bad for you) like this or Pizzas, Fish and Chips, Ruby, BK, KFC etc.?
I've never thought of Fish & Chips as crap food.
I suppose it's down to where you buy them from.:cool:

Twice a week for me. Usually a fish and chips during the week followed by some grilled tandoori food on the weekend.

:D I'm going to burn in hell.
For the past 20+ years, almost every Friday night I indulge in one of these little beauties.:failNow I know doner kebab+chicken and chips with salad isn't the most healthy way to eat but it's become a sort of way of life.I'm also hooked on chillies too. Notice how heavy the portion of coleslaw and salad is:thumb:. Plenty of veg during the week though.
IMG-20111001-WA0003_zps4d841987.jpg

We would not by choice put known damaging products on or in our cars,but a lot
of you eat some seriously unhealthy food.Come on you are what you eat,eat well.

Buy some fresh fruit on the way to the Hotel then.

That's what I do... but you'd think that hotels would have caught on by now. I'm quite happy to pay £10 for a plate of fresh fruit in the evening without having to remember to bring it with me.

Take tomorrow as an example, I drove to Italy yesterday and flew back today. I haven't had time to go shopping, but need to be at a client tomorrow morning. I probably wont have time to go fruit shopping in the afternoon before going to the hotel...

M.

I haven't had a McDonalds this century.

Take tomorrow as an example, I drove to Italy yesterday and flew back today. I haven't had time to go shopping, but need to be at a client tomorrow morning. I probably wont have time to go fruit shopping in the afternoon before going to the hotel...

M.

Sorry but make time,you owe it to yourself to be well nourished,5/10 minutes out of your day is nothing. Sorry if I sound like mother hen.:D

Just to say that takeaway isn't necessarily junk food....

We regularly order takeaway from Lebanese restaurants in Edgware Road, comprising of freshly cut Fatush salad and lean lamb cubes.

Very rarely we will have fish and chips or a BK / McDonalds meal.

Some days it's better for my health and everyone else's that I don't go to Tesco...
If that day falls when I happen to have no food left in the house I'll get fish and chips.

Edit: I would've voted for more often a few years ago, I rarely drink anymore and so can resist the late night kebab now...

-t

Last edited:
Me neither. Last one was a McMuffin in '99. I quite like them, but prefer home made with Lorne sausage and home made muffins.

Lorne sausage…..isn't the square cut one that leave enough fat in the grill pan to lube an Intercity express?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom