Fastest car you have been in ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew W

Car
Vw caddy
Had a ride in a skyline GT35 this week,apparently
it was making around 600bhp , this was the
fastest car I've been in ,it really was breathtaking !!

An Ariel Atom. On a track though, so less of a sensation of speed, with fewer points of reference, etc.

You know, thinking about it I've never been in a really fast car. Fastest car I've owned was only an ST220 in 2005-2009

Hell I'm boring!!!

Ant.

Most powerful was a Skyline for me as well. 1988 model making just over 1100bhp. Totally mad.....

Fastest car was an Aston Martin Vantage, 170mph on the M1 one Friday afternoon, total madness...

Last edited:
I think Acid's C63 when it was running 7xx something BHP.

Unless Maf's 599GTO was quicker but I suspect not.

Fastest speed - mine at 179mph at TV.

I think Acid's C63 when it was running 7xx something BHP.

Ahh, the courtesy car. :D Took it home whilst mine was being fettled. Interesting and possibly the harshest ride in the world...

Unless Maf's 599GTO was quicker but I suspect not.

Not familiar with this

Fastest speed - mine at 179mph at TV.

Before the under tray decided it wanted to leave you John? Seriously, yours was brilliant that day, shame I had to leave early but enjoyed it, even though my helmet didn't fit you. ;)

Fastest car? Chris A's CLS takes a bit of catching, and has truly broken that 200 mark on the German runs which he does.

Fastest car? Chris A's CLS takes a bit of catching, and has truly broken that 200 mark on the German runs which he does.

I really wanted to nail that car up the drag strip but it was the first time of driving it and it wasn't mine:D Think I got up to about 80:eek:

Ferrari 430. Drove it round two laps of a track in Cobham.

Sadly I think it's my C63 really.

StuartK said:
That's not a bad thing Stuart ;)
Funnily enough I've seen a good half dozen c63s
this week , got a thumbs up from s guy in a white
one last night as he thrummed past me in town ;)

Same for me.....
Only thing that came close to the car was my anniversary edition fire blade..... Which I got rid of a few months back purely on the grounds of safety.....and wanting to stay alive:eek:

Had an E60 M5 V10 with exhaust work & remap for 3 months which was the fastest thing I have ever had.

Looked at a Dino kit car with race tuned 3.1ltr Ford Essex V6 with Audi Quattro gearbox many years ago. The test drive in the wet was pretty hairy!

A few years back I went to a VMax event. My SLK was very much outclassed on the day (thanks to the limiter, I was flat out before the runway was half done), but I can still say I've done 160 in it.

I went with a mate with a 996 turbo, and hitched a ride with him for one run. The arrangement was that two cars went off at a time, we were sat alongside Neil (Mr. Lagerlout of this very forum) in his S65. You go down to the bottom of the runway, sweep around the bottom corner then go hell for leather when the straight opens up.

We got to the bottom corner and Jamie starts to feed the power in, I think "this is where we pull away", not a bit of it. 911 and S65 side by side all the way, we went through the timing lights at 189 and Neil just beat us through at 191. Cue a grumpy face from my mate about being beaten by a 2.3 tonne limousine..

Cheers,

Gaz

SLS around Las Vegas Speedway last year.

DSCN0108_zps5492a91f.jpg

http://vid306.photobucket.com/albums/nn251/kenny-n/Family/DSCN0115_zpsbecugcza.mp4

Still not a patch on the ZX12r in the garage though.

Kenny

Probably my son's 560bhp Supra. So quiet inside and such a comfortable ride it belies its power. Frighteningly quick.

I know what felt the fastest, and that was being in the back seat of my Father in Laws tuned Saphire Cosworth when I was around 12 years old. My goodness it felt fast! My parents had a Morris 1800 at the time!

Hello, my real name is Andy Green... Captain Andy Green. :D

I drove my Renault Alpine A610 down the Mulsanne Straight at a speedo recorded 160 during the mad open laps at the 2012 Classic Lemans don't think I've driven a car that fast before or since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom