Fat family have no shame .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Excuse my rant ...

I have a family of Golikelys living on the flat above my shop

I let it slide when I had to change the beds after they broke them being too fat (several times)

I let it slide when I had to change the settee after they broke it due to being so fat

I let it slide after the ceiling in my shop fell down (several times) because they are too fat to fit behind the shower screen and too lazy to put towels down

But ringing me up to change the toilet seat after they broke it just takes the biscuit, I don't know about you but I just would be too embarrassed but he ho, like I said no shame

Rant over !

Brett

Now when we you say fat here, what are we looking at? Are we talking gargantuan? Are they consuming industrial quantities of pies? Holy moly, it sounds like they are on a mission to destroy the place. Have you attempted any auto suggestion tactics. Nailing lettuce leaves to the front door. Or leaving an excercise bike in the garden.

I mean I don't mind the odd fat bird. But if you have to roll it in flour then look for the damp spots, that is taking it too far.

Excuse my rant ...

I have a family of Golikelys living on the flat above my shop

I let it slide when I had to change the beds after they broke them being too fat (several times)

I let it slide when I had to change the settee after they broke it due to being so fat

I let it slide after the ceiling in my shop fell down (several times) because they are too fat to fit behind the shower screen and too lazy to put towels down

But ringing me up to change the toilet seat after they broke it just takes the biscuit, I don't know about you but I just would be too embarrassed but he ho, like I said no shame

Rant over !

Brett

All chargeable items just make sure you charge them enough so they don't do it again :thumb:

Is the flat above a pie shop? If so, you need to look after such good customers.....

Yep, your right, toilets seats don't last.

Presumably the replacement furniture has been bought with these tenants' requirements in mind, otherwise it's likely to need to be replaced again before too long...

For good tenants, who I enjoy a good relationship with, I also let things go - bigger picture and all that, however, for repeat offenders there has to be a charge to incentivise them not to do it again.

As we all know, however, getting the cash isn't easy.

One way is to not replace the items thus forcing them to get their own and/or be more careful in future.

Last edited:
I think I would ask them to take a months notice and leave while you still have a shop with a flat above it...:ban:

Well basically I'm not even the landlord, the landlord is my old man, the furniture comes from my shop and I don't see any money from it due to the ole chestnut "one day this will all be yours" you can see why I'm not a happy bunny

As has been said. Don't replace it. I think it is absolutely reasonable that anybody who breaks things accepts their own responsibility in it's damage. If they have to start paying out they make take more care.

You may even be doing them a favor in allowing them the opportunity to question why thing collapse underneath them.

Just direct them to here and let them read your post. They might get the message.........

They are perfectly aware and could not give a toss !

The old man just gives in as he can't be bothered.

I don't pay any rent on my shop as such and have no issues putting in furniture in the old man's other flats just this one because they are just rank fatties who have never seen or got the mental capacity to operate a toilet brush

^^^
Ah ah, so what is really peeing you off is that you replaced the broken toilet seat and had to stare at skiddies while you did it, :(

Can't you replace the toilet seat with a musical one preferably one that sings "Who ate all the pies"

Your problem will be if they get too big to actually leave the building---- you think I'm kidding don't you! :eek: Still your problem fades into insignificance compared to the extra cost to the NHS for the purchase or hire of special bariatric beds for the treatment of morbidly obese patients. The standard NHS bed can take 39 stone by the way! BBC News - Rise in number of Scots hospitals buying 'obesity beds'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom