Father's Day 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Happy Father's Day to everyone who fills the father role even if you are apart from family at this time and our thoughts for those no longer with us. Hope you are still able to have a nice day.

Call me "old-fashioned" but it's a joy to hand over the Father's Day barbecue

Barbecue for Dad.png

Prior to last Christmas my 4 yr old grandson asked me to tell him about electricity. So I bought him a plug together kit (bit like electrical lego) and he’s made doorbells and basic games etc. His school teachers face must have been a picture when he told her his best xmas present was ‘electricity’.

Anyway he’s made it clear of late that he wanted to graduate to a higher level, so today I received an advanced kit as a Father’s Day present from my daughter. Only problem is grandads eyes may have a problem with the miniature instruction manual text.

Attachments

• 733E0A5B-9830-479E-BDC0-289F11AF8604.jpeg
    733E0A5B-9830-479E-BDC0-289F11AF8604.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
Me and my lads (2x 16yo) woke up in Tolworth after a fantastic day at Twickenham on Saturday. Spent the night in the Cabbage Patch before getting back over to the hotel. Premier Inn breakfast on Fathers Day then a drive back up to home.

Rest of Sunday was spent watching MotoGP and the England vs Barbarians game then out for a meal later.

Great weekend. Still miss my Dad though, gone 6 years now x

I was given the whole day to do what I wanted.

I went to a couple of garden centres at lunchtime to get some missing parts and then spent the whole afternoon (finally) sorting out an irrigation system for the pots on the balcony.

It was fiddly and time consuming but ultimately very satisfying.

My eldest came back from uni with a gift of Dalwhinnie. The youngest got me steak and sake. Unfortunately, due to his on-going A-levels, I didn't see much of the youngest, as he's been working so hard on revision. However, my older son and I watched the F1 and Top Gear.
I also spent time continuing to work on the new pathways / driveway project.

I was treated to Lytham Classic Car show - a very busy event.

Fathers day....a frightening time of year....just hoping a card does not drop through the letter box from someone I don't know!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom