Fault code Cam sensor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crickleymal

Car
Vaneo
Hi all.
Had the engine warning light and EPC come up yesterday whilst on holiday. The car continued driving normally. Called the AA out after we got to the campsite and he cleared the fault which so far hasn't come back. His report says
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 510 / Diesel EDC 15C01354 - Sync. camshaft to crankshaft. Error Message : Signal too high.

Any ideas? Where is the cam sensor on a 1.7 Vaneo?

CPS faults usually give rise to hot restart problems. You really need STAR codes to make any sense of the errors.
If it hasn't returned, could be a one-off hiccup..

CPS faults usually give rise to hot restart problems. You really need STAR codes to make any sense of the errors.
If it hasn't returned, could be a one-off hiccup..

The fault came back on Sunday. The car drives perfectly and starts perfectly. Since I serviced it has started returning 45mpg rather than struggling to get 40mpg so there can't be too much wrong. Drove home from Yorkshire to Gloucester with the light on. I doubt if it is the cam chain because a) you can't hear anything and b) the fault goes away for a couple of days once reset.

Where is the cam position sensor and the crank sensor on a 1.7 cdi please?

Could just be a loose connection on the magnet; give the harness a wiggle and that might solve it. - I'd expect the sensor to be on the front of the engine, roughly where the end of the camshaft(s) would be.

Hi i have mercedes c class w204 c180 cgi 2010 my engine management light has came on
CODEREADER saying camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensors car still running as norm
How many camshaft sensor is there and how many crankshaft sensors

Should be 1 of each gordon

Cheer just been told so many thing
My CODEREADER says
Camshaft sensor
Crankshaft sensor
Position A
Any idears

Clear them and see if they return.

Clear them and see if they return.
Did that it came back
Car seems to be running ok starts first turn of key still pulls well
My cars a c class w204 c180 cgi on a 60 plate

One sensor could be bringing up faults for both. You need a proper scan that goes more into detail. If both sensors are OK then suspect timing chain ??

One sensor could be bringing up faults for both. You need a proper scan that goes more into detail. If both sensors are OK then suspect timing chain ??
Was going to do easiest first my car has 4 camshaft sensor
Looked on online manual
bought one sensor going 2 change one at a time don't think all 4 will be faulty

Looked on online manual
Looked on online manual

Attachments

• 20180804_093440-2268x3024.jpg
    20180804_093440-2268x3024.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 4
I see 1 inlet camshaft sensor,1 exhaust camshaft sensor,and 1 crankshaft sensor .

I see 1 inlet camshaft sensor,1 exhaust camshaft sensor,and 1 crankshaft sensor .
Is the letter A first set on the left looking straight onto engine
Theres a inlet and out let crank sensor so i have been told

Bank 1 is left . when did the car see an oil change last.

This year i think just bought the car the fault came on coming a few days ago
Was going 2 do an oil and filter next weekend until this happened
Just had a look at services history oil and filter done 17/11/17

Try an oil change with the correct oil which is very important . before doing anything else.

Try an oil change with the correct oil which is very important . before doing anything else.
What would that B fully synthetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom