Fault Code Reading on round 34 pin W210 in West London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuboy

Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate W210 Petrol
I wondered if there is anybody in West London that has a code reader that will read my 2001 W210 it only has the round 34 pin connector and a basic code reader wont hack it. It years since i last needed a read but my check engine light has just come on and I have no idea why, engine still running smoothly. I have used the "star diagnostics" at my mates garage but that a bit far away now a days.
Hope there is someone around that can help.
Regards
Stuart

tried a few they wanted £60 and had to book it in, so drove to my mates garage in North London and borrowed his.
Turns out i had a P0410 Air pump Relay problem in the K40 module. Wiped it out and once open on the bench showed signs of water ingress so cleaned with IPA and brushed with a miniature wire brush. Back in and all appears to be well again. This fault would explain why it was still running fine as I believe it is used to add extra air while the engine is heating up in order for the car to produce less pollution when cold.
Cheers
Stuart

My optimisum was unfounded, got in car cold yesterday and engine light back on, so either a replacment K40 module or I think i will try cutting the top off with a die Grinder and then i should be able to desolder the relay. Anyone offhand know the type of relay i need to get before i cut the top off, from cleaning the underneath it looked like a fairly standard pinout.
Regards
Stu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom