• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

FAULT CODES DEBATE PLEASE!

technodiv

Car
one with four wheels
There maybe trouble ahead!!?

I'm looking at buying a viano 3.0 v6 on a 13 plate with 110,000 miles on the clock from a private seller. I had an RAC vehicle inspection conducted prior to purchase, the RAC technician called me after the inspection to tell me his findings. Other than the age related marks and telling me the vehicle is mechanically sound, further investigation of the RAC report took me to a link which brought up a page indicating fault codes, these are as follows;

EGS - electronic transmission control. P0730 - incorrect gear ratio (undtermined)

Electronic Dashboard. B1100 (stored)

Command. B210D (stored)

ABS - Anti Lock Brake Module. C11A5

I have looked on the internet/youtube for explanations into what these codes actually mean ..... unsuccessfully! I called MB main dealers but all they could tell me was £174 per hour! I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with these fault codes or has any sound advice. I have read that with the p0730 code that it could be a case of dirty fluid!? As the RAC bloke didn't cover theses codes in his phone call to me, I'm not overly concerned but should I be?

Thanks in advance

Did the RAC inspector clear the codes, then restart the engine to see which ones, if any, reappeared?

The codes he noted could all have been historic codes for faults previously dealt with.

Did the RAC inspector clear the codes, then restart the engine to see which ones, if any, reappeared?

The codes he noted could all have been historic codes for faults previously dealt with.
that I do not know, but I'll definitely be in touch with the technician to find that out. thanks.

^^ As above, when I first read the codes on my old C55 there were all sorts of strange things on there, cleared them and not one has popped back up...been 2 years and almost 30K miles since.

Hi,
The only codes you really need to be concerned about are the ones stated as "Current", I would say the codes above are spurious and not of any concern, this seems to be backed up by the talk you had with the RAC Tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom