Fault codes world record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano1972

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi amg sport plus
well after my dashboard flickering a few times I took my car to garage and they plugged it in and 137 fault codes come up ,well it’s booked in for airbag recall next week so going to see what Mercedes say ,my Mercedes experience is not going to well key fob playing up as well but was told not to keep it near mobile phones as this can affect them was probably the issue , this is such a shame loves her car

137 current or stored faults?

Did they clear the codes? Usually best to clear them and run the car a day or so to see which come back (if any!)

137 current or stored faults?

Did they clear the codes? Usually best to clear them and run the car a day or so to see which come back (if any!)
Yes they cleared all the fault codes and said bring it back once the airbag recall has been done ,car runs fine which makes it more frustrating, garage also said that damp may of got in behind the dashboard if the screen has been replaced incorrectly but gonna see what Mercedes come up with when it goes for recall as I’m going to ask them to plug it in and see what happens

The number of fault codes means nothing. There are al kinds of reasons for why miltiple fault codes are logged, low battery is one, and most if not all could be old codes not cleared.

The number of fault codes means nothing. There are al kinds of reasons for why miltiple fault codes are logged, low battery is one, and most if not all could be old codes not cleared.
Thanks for this information this does make me feel a bit better

Well took thr car out for a drive today and drove a treat UNTIL I was coming home and then the dashboard flickers off and then my indicators start flashing fast as though there broken when I used them so pull up at home get out then come back out 10minutes later and car starts fine and indicators work fine , I’m really scratching my head with this has anyone else suffered this or am I just not destined to be part of the Mercedes experience

Even a flat battery can give many 'ghost; faults, which I'm sure most of these are. The fluctuation seems to have caused most of the codes to show up.

Even a flat battery can give many 'ghost; faults, which I'm sure most of these are. The fluctuation seems to have caused most of the codes to show up.
So would you suggest I put a new battery on ,and is there just one battery thanks dean

Last edited:
Anything steering related with cause pages of fault codes.

Anything steering related with cause pages of fault codes.
It’s having it’s airbag recall done next week which I’m told is earthing related so maybe that might be part of the problem ,I’m going to get Mercedes to plug it in on there fault finder machine once that’s been done ,sometimes fob won’t unlock car so had new battery’s put in them and don’t seem to make any difference but car mechanically drives lovely ,I’m not sure what to do next to be honest

So would you suggest I put a new battery on ,and is there just one battery thanks dean

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. I meant if a duff battery can cause ghost faults then a fluctuating dash/spike can cause the same.

I wouldn't change the battery unless you have had starting problems

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. I meant if a duff battery can cause ghost faults then a fluctuating dash/spike can cause the same.

I wouldn't change the battery unless you have had starting problems
What is the best battery to fit in my car it’s a 2013 c220 chi thanks dean

What is the best battery to fit in my car it’s a 2013 c220 chi thanks dean

Sorry I cannot advise on that. You may need an AGM battery but someone else could advise you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom