Fault finding and clearing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom71

Since some numpty decided to jump start his car of mine, connected the positive and negative the wrong way :devil:. I have been stuck with the SRS light on for two mins, very annoying. Anyway I got talking to a my sons friends father, got that. He said "ohh i do all that", went down to his house last night and watched him plug in his Snap On box of tricks, 2 mins later all faults cleared. Just thought i would mention this for anyone else suffering from ECU problems and live in the Bristol, Bath area. He is dirt cheap and will come to your house, he has the full set up in his white van.
Tom

Hmmmm, was a red box with a LCD screen on the front. He explained that it came with various "keys" which you inserted into the cable and this allowed it to comunicate with the various cars out there. Looked very simple, but bloody expensive.

Here it is
SOLUS PRO

Hmmmm, was a red box with a LCD screen on the front. He explained that it came with various "keys" which you inserted into the cable and this allowed it to comunicate with the various cars out there. Looked very simple, but bloody expensive.

Here it is
SOLUS PRO

My mechanic has the same box of tricks which sadly can't find the fault code relating to why my BAS/ESP light still comes on after the brake light switch has been replaced:wallbash:

The Snap-on kit though very good cannot analyse all the cars systems, STAR is I believe the only one that can do this.

SRS Fault Finding

Hi! all. I had a similar experience last week. A backstreet car mechanic said that he could clear all the faults on my 2001 C220. He cleared some, but apparently the SnapOn diagnostic machines can't clear all faults. Mines going in to Prestige on Thursday.(BlackC55 I think that's his username in Horndean)

Last edited:
I have access to a snap On Solus Pro and as already said it will cover the regular faults, engine ecu etc but the more in depth stuff such as alarm and orthepaedic seats it doesn't.
I guess the difference is the Snap On system has a good basic database of a huge range of current cars while I assume the Star system if focused on Mercedes. A contact at work has a Bosch system that I'm told cost 11k, that went into my CLK in some depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom