Fault just flashed up on dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gozoman

Car
Mercedes C180 Blue Efficiency
My car is a W204 C180 Blue Efficiency.

Was just out running a few errands and got something up on the panel stating that the Pre-safe system had a malfunction.

I have an iCarsoft MB11 so I ran a full diagnostic and the following fault codes appeared.

C221500
B005013
U041600
P063500
B210F00
C155

Now obviously I could go to my Mercedes dealership and let them sort it but I had a bad experience before where it turned out to be a very simple problem that ended up costing me around £600 that I could have fixed myself for £15! On that occasion every light on the display came on so obviously I was worried. I was out at the time and not far from the dealership so I drove there and got it fast tracked. It turned out to be a faulty speed sensor on the passenger side wheel so I told them to replace both sides. The charge was just over £600 and when I checked that evening I discovered that I could buy a new German made sensor for £15 and it would take me about 15 minutes to fit! So I'm just a bit concerned that I could end up being charged hundreds for replacing a fuse or something! Any advice would be appreciated.

Or you could find an indy in your area to get it on STAR - with that number of codes an MB11 is not going to give enough detail to focus down on what is causing the errors

Well I would cancel them and then see if it fixes the problem or if it comes up again the code you get will at least give you a idea of whats wrong,then if you want take it to a indy with a star

How good is your battery?
Is it old?

MBs seem to dislike weak batteries and will throw up all manner of random faults for low voltages.

see if you can find what each code is, clear all codes.
Fully Recharge the battery and see if any return.

How good is your battery?
Is it old?

MBs seem to dislike weak batteries and will throw up all manner of random faults for low voltages.

see if you can find what each code is, clear all codes.
Fully Recharge the battery and see if any return.
The battery was a brand new stop start AGM battery bought last year. I also put in a new auxillary battery in the boot, so I doubt if it's a battery issue. Funny thing is the message hasn't appeared again. What does show up is a side view of the car with the rear seats in solid white and the front passenger seat sort of grey, with three human like forms in front. I assume this is referring to three seats being good and one with a problem, the front passenger seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom