Fault P220F77 - The heater of NOx sensor 2 (cylinder bank 1)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WhiteEagle

Car
C Class 220D S205 2016
Hi All and a Happy New Year.

Could you guys please advice , maybe someone had the same issue .

About 8 months ago I had an engine light on the dash and after I scanned it with my Xentry 2020 I fount the fault below:
  • P220F77 - The heater of NOx sensor 2 (cylinder bank 1) has an electrical fault. The commanded
    position cannot be reached.
I managed the find one online ( removed from damaged car ) and I have replace it ( it was the last Nox sensor looking from the engine side ) plus I did reset the all values...and removed the fault code.

After a month I didn't had any fault lights on the board but when I scanned the car the same fault was stored ?? So have cared on driving for months without any fault light.

Today the light pop up and ofc is the same fault code...

Is that mean that the replaced Nox sensor could be faulty as well ( if so why the fault lights didn't pop up only was stored ? ) or there could be a any other reason why the same code keeps coming up ? Something else could cause the Nox to get faulty ?

My Car : 2016 S205 C class c220d 651.921
Hope someone had the same problem.

Many thanks for all comments
biggrin.gif

Adrian

White eagle : just to say, I'm investigating same fault (P220F-77). The downstream sensor was replaced by dealership under warranty in Oct 2020. Star identified same fault again in Oct 2021 & I had fault deleted. Since then EML has come on & car's going into the dealership next week. I will wait to see what they find when they run their diagnostic. Other posters say NOx sensors are on back order, so possibly a big delay (months) in getting the sensor actually replaced. Any chance you can give the online source of the NOx sensor that you got hold of as presumably it was an authentic dealer ... Tia

Hi All and a Happy New Year.

Could you guys please advice , maybe someone had the same issue .

About 8 months ago I had an engine light on the dash and after I scanned it with my Xentry 2020 I fount the fault below:
  • P220F77 - The heater of NOx sensor 2 (cylinder bank 1) has an electrical fault. The commanded
    position cannot be reached.
I managed the find one online ( removed from damaged car ) and I have replace it ( it was the last Nox sensor looking from the engine side ) plus I did reset the all values...and removed the fault code.

After a month I didn't had any fault lights on the board but when I scanned the car the same fault was stored ?? So have cared on driving for months without any fault light.

Today the light pop up and ofc is the same fault code...

Is that mean that the replaced Nox sensor could be faulty as well ( if so why the fault lights didn't pop up only was stored ? ) or there could be a any other reason why the same code keeps coming up ? Something else could cause the Nox to get faulty ?

My Car : 2016 S205 C class c220d 651.921
Hope someone had the same problem.

Many thanks for all comments
biggrin.gif

Adrian
I have. The same issue with mine c220 2015 estate, but the mechanic he said he need to replace the two sensors.,, !!! it cost £430+ VAT each but I’m not sure what to do !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
make sure your has had the deiselgate recall done. then and only then, make sure you get the V3 NOx sensors.

V2 will die with software recall and v3 will fail without software recall.

make sure your has had the deiselgate recall done. then and only then, make sure you get the V3 NOx sensors.

I had main NOX replaced 2 weeks ago and then last week had my software update with Mercedes dealer ,but today I had the light pop on again with same fault code & same sensor 2 welcome command and advice please

Just be mindful that people are reporting poor fuel consumption after that re-call, there may be a hidden agenda in there after the Diesel software scandal :(

I had main NOX replaced 2 weeks ago and then last week had my software update with Mercedes dealer ,but today I had the light pop on again with same fault code & same sensor 2 welcome command and advice please
Back to your dealer!

Hi Mioba

Do you happen to have any links to information on the v2/v3 sensor specs and the software issues? I expect MB will be trying to keep it quiet.

My GLC remains unusable after the "will not start in X miles" countdown popped up 7 weeks ago. My MB dealer can't source replacement NOx sensors and say they have no information about when they will get them. MB customer services keep promising they will get back to me but I've still not had a substantive response after several weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom