Fault with right hand side repeater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vince123

Car
mercedes clk 200
Hi All I was wondering if you could help. I have purchased a 2005 CLK200 and on buying noticed the right hand side repeater glass was damaged but was working. I have purchased a new side repeater and have recently fitted this but I found last night the last two LED's closest the drivers door were flickering on and off. I started the car up today and I now have a display on the dash showing a bulb and turn signal in right mirror. The old unit was working although damaged and the new unit works but when you turn the right hand indicator on the sound suggests a bulb is out when it clearly isn't.

Any Suggestions

Many Thanks

Have you fitted a genuine MB part or an aftermarket one.

Hi thanks for your reply, it did come in an original Mercedes Benz box but nothing I can see on the part that suggests it could be original, it was not ordered from Mercedes but a company claiming it is an original part.
Thanks

If the two LED's are still flickering that could be your trouble. Bulb failure warnings work on resistance values and are generally quite fussy about bulb quality Etc. It would seem that the system thinks the O/S repeater is absent or failed,that would explain the increased audible warning frequency.

I would test the new unit off the car and go from there. There should be a little MB star in the plastic moulding if it's an MB part, I think it should be rated and marked at 13.5 volts and 1.8 watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom